• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Air-conditioner Upgrade: Type 2-80

Okay, "Type 2-80" is just my lame way of saying "2 windows down, 80mph". It really works, especially if your car's real air-con is on the fritz. Anyway, mine works fine, but today, the weather here in Hong Kong was just so utterly amazing, I couldn't resist the urge to open the windows and catch a breath of "fresh" air.

While driving with the windows down (not generally recommended in Hong Kong), I came to the Kai Tak airport tunnel (a short tunnel, by Hong Kong standards), slipped it down a gear and just let her rip. Man oh man! The sound of the NSX when it hits the VTEC rev range is normally enough to make your hair stand on end, but when it happens inside a tunnel, there's just nothing like it. I'm sure you folks don't need me to tell you this, and it's not exactly something that's new to me either. But you know how it is, you get caught up with life, with changing diapers all the time, late night feedings, bloodshot eyes, etc., and you forget that right here at your disposal is one of the most amazing cars ever conceived.

I'm not sure if anyone else feels this way, but if you're also caught up in the daily grind, a little disillusioned by the rat race, just take your car out, find the nearest tunnel, shut down the stereo, open the windows, and stand on it. It's the kind of therapy NSX-lovers the world over can surely relate to.

(P.S. It helps if you've got a really nice exhaust, of course.)

It is fun, i used to do that with my Civic. But i found that the Vtec in the NSX isn't as loud as my ex-Civic.............But there is no comparison in power with the Civic, the NSX just fly away.........

Back