• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

All Season Floormats for NSX???

Does anyone know if the rubber, ribbed (behave now) all season floormats are available for our cars? I have them in both my other cars and they are terrific. I would like to put a set in our NSX. Thanks for any help.

WeatherTech is perhaps the best-known and highest-quality manufacturer/seller of all-weather floor mats. Their "Classic Premium Rubber Mats" are extremely durable, incredibly heavy rubber (they basically last forever; I have been using them for many Chicago winters in my year-round cars). Their mats are not custom-designed for specific cars, but rather, they have maybe a dozen or so different shapes/sizes available, and they specify which one to use for any particular vehicle. Their website says that the W3 size is suitable for the NSX. It's the same size I have for my Integra. I'll try it out tomorrow and let you know how well they fit.

Wow, thanks a lot. I was afraid to try a cut-to-fit, figured it might not look good. Let me know how it fits. I appreciate the help.

nsxtasy said:
Their website says that the W3 size is suitable for the NSX. It's the same size I have for my Integra. I'll try it out tomorrow and let you know how well they fit.
They fit surprisingly well.

On the driver's side, the left front corner (not at the very front of the mat, which is narrower, but where the full width starts) folds up about two inches high onto the vertical wall of the floor area. Other than that, the rest of the mat sits flat and fills the floor area completely. This is with the seat bottom full rearward. You can move the seat bottom forward two inches with no change. If you continue to move the seat bottom forward beyond that point, the rear area of the mat starts to bulge upwards for lack of room. It's hardly visible, since most of the bulge is under the seat, but it's there.

The passenger's side is even better. The corresponding right front corner just barely folds up, about one inch high onto the vertical wall of the floor area. Other than that, it's perfect. This is with the seat bottom full rearward. I did not try moving the seat forward, since (I am assuming) the passenger seat is normally full rearward, for the additional foot room (which is less than the driver's side) as well as the lack of need to reach any pedals.

If those corners folding up bother you, you could trim the mats in those small areas. Otherwise, you could just leave them alone; it's not particularly noticeable or objectionable.

Incidentally, I like these mats for use in the winter, when there's snow and slush on the ground. They're too heavy duty for me at other times of the year. But if you're looking for something that will hold a lot of moisture and/or mud, these are great.

I used to use a random winter mat and it worked great and fit pretty good. I only used mine for a while because I was protecting it from rain, but then I noticed that it hardly rains where I live. Do you guys drive your cars in the snow?

W said:
Do you guys drive your cars in the snow?
Absolutely .. which is why I leave the mats in all year 'round. Mine aren't specific to the NSX though .. I don't remember the brand but I think I just bought them at Wal-Mart. They're the ones that have the deep grooves and are reversible (I think one side is better in winter and the other is better in the summer .. for those of you where the seasons really change).

Some of the better ones actually have cut lines already stamped in them so when you trim them to fit, they don't look like it. I think it helps too if the upper section is extremely flexible because it's that part that will be behind the pedals and you want it to flex to the contours and stay flat.

I do not drive our car in the snow, but I do like the rubber floor mat it cleans up real nice and my feet do not slip on it like they do on the carpeted mats. Plus I want to change from the tan mats to the black.

NSXTACY - Thank you for the information, I appreciate the response. Michael

Bumping this thread to see if anyone has tried a different brand and found one that fits great at a similar inexpensive price. With a tan interior, I am thinking of picking up a second, more durable set of mats.

Thanks!

When I used to live in IL I picked up two sets from Weathertech - Floor liner DF. I honestly couldn't believe I finally found perfect mats I wanted since forever. They fit like a glove. Have nice tall border around to keep snow/mud etc inside (even though I have been taught to clean my shoes every time I get in the car but still..). Highly recommend this product. Not sure about their other offerings but have no reason to assume quality is different. It's just design and idea for those DFs is just plain awesome. Too mad they don't make them for NSX but then again I think there is not much of a market to make molds.

When I used to live in IL I picked up two sets from Weathertech - Floor liner DF. I honestly couldn't believe I finally found perfect mats I wanted since forever. They fit like a glove. Have nice tall border around to keep snow/mud etc inside (even though I have been taught to clean my shoes every time I get in the car but still..). Highly recommend this product. Not sure about their other offerings but have no reason to assume quality is different. It's just design and idea for those DFs is just plain awesome. Too mad they don't make them for NSX but then again I think there is not much of a market to make molds.
As I noted above, Weathertech's W3 size mats fit just fine in the NSX. No, theyr'e not custom made for the NSX, but they're still an excellent fit, and they provide all the advantages of the Weathertech mats, including their depth and ribs which provide the ability to allow slush and mud and slop to pool in them rather than slop over the edges.

Back