• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

ALMS Weekend!

Couldn't keep the gratitude in anymore...

Just wanted to thank all who helped to make our weekend fun-filled and memorable! Special thanks to James and Mike for being such great parking attendants, Yolanda & Jack for being the "hostesses with the mostesses" and Jill for 'sharing'! I will post pictures when I finally get home and download them from camera! Love the NSX camaraderie! :biggrin:

I'd also like to send my gratitude to all those who took part in helping out to making this a very fun filled enjoyable event! I had a blast and am now a new member of NSXCA just so I can spend more time with all of yous :biggrin:

I also wloud like to send my gratitude to a job will done to james for taking over for tom and doing a great job,and hrant for setting up the dinner,an tom for setting up everthing at the race,and to a new member jimbonuttz had a great time ,and ones more, james (02#154) you did a grest job......bill

Last edited:
I would like to thank the four NSXCA members who worked parking and registration BOTH days AND gave up their spots on the parade lap so others could get in. You know who you are. :smile:

I would like to thank the four NSXCA members who worked parking and registration BOTH days AND gave up their spots on the parade lap so others could get in. You know who you are. :smile:

I'd also like to thank everyone who took it on themselves to not only volunteer, but to actually give up their guaranteed spots on the parade lap so that a handful more people would be able to go on the lap. All they got in return was front of the line access for lunch on Saturday (and there were actually some people who didn't let them get in front).

Yay NSXCA members!:mad:

IMG_0977.jpg

J

Last edited:
My daughter Mikaela and myself drove down from Seattle (13hrs) exactly had the best time. She is still smiling about the event. She is 12 yrs old and the biggest car enthusiast. Thank you all for making her feel welcomed. Everybody at the event was friendly and personable. We will be back next year and can't wait. Mikaela took 234 pictures and has uploaded them for future viewing. She will let me know when and how I can find them.

We were able to accelerate up to 105mph on the parade lap. Thanks to proformance racing school here in Seattle, we were able to run the track with little drifting.:biggrin:

I would also like to thank all that sacrificed their time so that the rest of us NSX'ers could enjoy a great event. It was great getting to spend some time visiting with other chapter members and hanging out together till the end of the race (even if it meant missing out on a "prepaid" $60 spaghetti dinner). Also, let’s not forget to thank Acura for providing all of us with this event. Thanks again to all for allowing my son (Mike) and I to have this father son bonding time that both of us will always remember and talk about in the future. And for me, a great birthday shared with my Sacto chapter buds and Bay Area chapter new buds and the "Patron Girls".. Good times and pictures.

Mike Ramsey "RAMZ"

I posted Jim Shens link on Jimmy's thread in the Picture Gallery section of NSXPrime, but I thought I would post it here as well. There's quite a variety of some very nice pics taken, especially of the parking attendant volunteers :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

http://picasaweb.google.com/shen102/2008ALMSAtLagunaSeca#

Mike

Last edited:
I posted Jim Shens link on Jimmy's thread in the Picture Gallery section of NSXPrime, but I thought I would post it here as well. There's quite a variety of some very nice pics taken, especially of the parking attendant volunteers :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

http://picasaweb.google.com/shen102/2008ALMSAtLagunaSeca#

Mike

Love those pictures ESPECIALLY the valet guys!!! hahaha... :cool:

BTW, Kev in Alameda, where were you?!?!?!?!

-Lynn

This is my favorite picture :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

JU_IMG_1152.JPG

Mike

Last edited:
I saw the couple who was checking out my car. Thought maybe they'd ask who made the wing, or hood. Instead, they asked which end was the front!:cool:

J

I saw the couple who was checking out my car. Thought maybe they'd ask who made the wing, or hood. Instead, they asked which end was the front!:cool:

J

OMG that's funny! I wonder if the couple went over to the Porsche Boxter corral and asked the same thing?!?!?!?! (Now I know I missed out, not sticking around Acura Hospitality and instead playing tour guide...). :tongue:

"L"

Being NSXless after 8 years of ownership was no fun. So I found myself one in Sac and flew up from socal with my wife on Friday morning; picked up the "new" NSX at Shad's and drove it down to Monterey just in time for Saturday's ALMS event. enjoyed the weekend tremendously and would like to thank all the organizers and workers. Was great to hook upp with Lud after 9 years (NSXPO 99) ! Drove back down Sunday on Hwy1 and came up on another identical car at a vistapoint (Troy Buss), hence the photo. I had forgotten how sweet the NSX is; every car guy should own (or experience) one !

Attachments

• 2008_10_19 ALMS return drive_006 half.jpg
    2008_10_19 ALMS return drive_006 half.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 54
Might as well let you in on the joke, Lynn. I currently run 18/18 and I'm patiently waiting for a pair of 19's for the rear because I think the current setup looks weird. Mike, et al know this. So they're ribbing me for having "front" wheels in the back, thus confusing people. The couple who were checking out my car (and not Mike's or Nalesh's :biggrin:) actually asked me about the wing but that soon became an added facet of the inside joke.:tongue:

Someday I'll finally have my 19's in back and then all they'll have to mess with me about is everything else.:redface::smile:

J

Being NSXless after 8 years of ownership was no fun. So I found myself one in Sac and flew up from socal with my wife on Friday morning; picked up the "new" NSX at Shad's and drove it down to Monterey just in time for Saturday's ALMS event. enjoyed the weekend tremendously and would like to thank all the organizers and workers. Was great to hook upp with Lud after 9 years (NSXPO 99) ! Drove back down Sunday on Hwy1 and came up on another identical car at a vistapoint (Troy Buss), hence the photo. I had forgotten how sweet the NSX is; every car guy should own (or experience) one !

Nice to be back in the saddle again, isn't it. I can relate... I was without mine for almost one year.

Nice photo!!!

Might as well let you in on the joke, Lynn. I currently run 18/18 and I'm patiently waiting for a pair of 19's for the rear because I think the current setup looks weird. Mike, et al know this. So they're ribbing me for having "front" wheels in the back, thus confusing people. The couple who were checking out my car (and not Mike's or Nalesh's :biggrin:) actually asked me about the wing but that soon became an added facet of the inside joke.:tongue:

Someday I'll finally have my 19's in back and then all they'll have to mess with me about is everything else.:redface::smile:

J

No, we will be ribbing again... about when you will be getting 20's in the back. LOL

Well, great to meet up with everyone, and meet a lot of new people as well. I really regret not going last year now. Thanks to everyone that made it happen!

:smile:

Well, great to meet up with everyone, and meet a lot of new people as well. I really regret not going last year now. Thanks to everyone that made it happen!
Ben, was it as fun as the EXPO in Portland, excluding the track days of course?

Might as well let you in on the joke, Lynn. I currently run 18/18 and I'm patiently waiting for a pair of 19's for the rear because I think the current setup looks weird. Mike, et al know this. So they're ribbing me for having "front" wheels in the back, thus confusing people.
Hey, this implies not just you James but to all 2002+ owners with stock wheels.....like Gary.....and to me too.:tongue:

Last edited:
Back