• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

am I the only one too tall to fit

well, youre not the only one. my father in law, at about 6'2, is touching the roof on my 91nsx. this is apparently because he has a fairly long torso, as we are about the same height and i fit fine. check the faq--seen a lot of posts where guys had seats shaved or put in aftermarket seats--especially those going to the track and wearing a helmet. good luck.

Is the Dali cushion easy to put in and out? Can I easily put it in when I go to the track and take it out when I get home? My head hits the ceiling with a helmet on.

Yes, the Dali seat cushion is easy to put in and take out. You can secure it with velcro but mine fits tight enough that I don't bother. The stock cushion will easily slide back in place although there is no easy way to secure it (exposed foam on the backside). I don't use the stock one at all (I'm 6'6) but I think it would be fine to switch between the two. The seat will look completely stock unless you look under the front edge to see the loose leather.

If you want more room just at the track just remove the stock cushion and fit some thin high-density foam to the seat shell. This is plenty comfortable for a track day and will sit you further down in the seat with more lateral support. Pull the foam out and replace the stock cushion when you leave the track.

I purchased the Dali cushion and it indeeed dropped the seating height about 2 inches. The problem with the cushion is that the foam padding compresses in a very short time, under 3 months with very limited use, and you end up with your butt bones riding on the aluminum frame of the seat. The custions are in the trash and I am now looking for aftermarket seats.

I feel that for the price of $300+ you should apply the funds toward new seats - racing shells will dramaticaaly lower your seat height.

Originally posted by wildrice:
I purchased the Dali cushion and it indeeed dropped the seating height about 2 inches. The problem with the cushion is that the foam padding compresses in a very short time, under 3 months with very limited use, and you end up with your butt bones riding on the aluminum frame of the seat. The custions are in the trash and I am now looking for aftermarket seats.

There must be some way to replace the cushion with something of higher quality and durability???

I'am 6'3" and it is a problem. I took the drivers seat out and removed some foam from the seat, it made a little difference, I need to take some more off. I would discourage you from buying a NSX you are just to tall, try a porsche I never had a problem when I owned them.

Although - admittedly - I have VERY little room to spare - my 6'3" body DOES fit into my NSX. My pant inseam is 34" - so perhaps I'm 'longer of leg' than I am 'longer of torso'. [but I'm not really sure] I sit as close to the dashboard as my legs will allow and recline the seat 'back' as far as it will go. I then move the steering wheel UP enough to clear my legs and pull it ALL the way OUT. After those few adjustments [and after I got used to the unusual-at-first driving position] I was very comfortable. If the steering wheel didn't telescope - there would be no 'way' for me to 'fit' into my car.

There are a LOT of cars that I can NOT fit into. [mostly cars with a moonroof] My mom owns a TL 3.2 Type S and I have to recline the seat so far back [in order to keep my head from hitting the headliner] that it's uncomfortable to drive. [this applies to MOST cars that I've sat in that have a moonroof] Anytime I go to a car show - I end up feeling like the Jolly Green Giant. It's amazing how few cars I CAN fit into.

Craig!!
smile.gif

so perhaps I'm 'longer of leg' than I am 'longer of torso'.

I think this is exactly it. I am 6'5" and have no real issues with a good fit (granted no helmet). Also the headrest never touches my head, but otherwise no real problems. If you sit tall though, it could be a problem. My friend is much shorter than I am, but he has a umm ... large 'rumpshaker' so to speak, and as a result his head hits the roof sitting down
biggrin.gif

So watch the extra nachos :p

Jonathan

Originally posted by POWERED by HONDA:
There must be some way to replace the cushion with something of higher quality and durability???

I posed this question on a similar thread. I asked whether one could somehow secure a flat piece of gel padding under the seat somehow. I am not sure if they make a large piece of gel like that.

Assuming you could find said gel piece, I would think you could place it under the Dali seat cushion on the aluminum seat frame. Perhaps when the Dali cushion material compresses over time, the gel will be there to pick up the slack.

One of the reasons I mention gel is based on my experience with my friends Suzuki GSXR 750. This motorcycle had a tiny little seat that merely looked like a pad. However, it was gel and was quite comforatable(the seat that is. The bike is very small and scrunched.)

I do not own the NSX yet but I too am a very large man and I am throwing ideas out to see if there is some way to make this Dali cushion more comforatable.

Back