• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Am thanking my lucky constellations that I did not sell my spare set of rims...

today, as I was looking at this set, I noticed that one tire was flat. So, I broke out a large plastic tub, filled it with water, dropped the rim and tire in and proceeded to pump up the tire in hopes of finding the leak.

I did. It was coming from both the lip and the inner flat area of the rim. It was as if there was a pinhole in the metal. Little air bubbles were coming out. I have never seen this before and was blown away.

Have any of you ever seen this?

multi piece rims are sealed and with age and or hard impact(s) the sealant can let air out,find a quality wheel repair shop and they can re-seal them for you or if you are mechanically inclined you can do it yourself,you need the tire(s) off of the rim,do a web search there are plenty of videos on the net on this subject,good luck!!

multi piece rims are sealed and with age and or hard impact(s) the sealant can let air out,find a quality wheel repair shop and they can re-seal them for you or if you are mechanically inclined you can do it yourself,you need the tire(s) off of the rim,do a web search there are plenty of videos on the net on this subject,good luck!!

Thanks for that, Sebsilna. It is a one-piece Oz Racing rim. It is out at a shop now. I am sure they can fix it. Once done, I will put those rims on (17/18) and store my OEMs (I am now long three sets of OEM rims! What was I thinking?)

Back