• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

amazing NSX becomes a F50

I dont think it looks THAT bad. But it certainly doesn't look like a a real F50.

I agree with ChrisK though. Using a NSX to start with vs a fiero is going to give you a much better car overall.

the final product SUCKS....

but in terms of a hobby/project/craftsmanship.... looks like someone had a blast doing it! the documentation process is awesome...

LOL! Now that NSX if terribly funny! What a waste of time and manpower. With that level of skill put into the car they could have made one hell of a better looking kit. Great job: poor representation.

People who try to make cars look like other cars are weird. I agree with Juice - "If only he could use his powers for good instead of evil."

Did anyone else see the guy a little while back who was trying to make an NSX look like a Lamborghini but gave up halfway through and tried to sell the mess on eBay?

from the land that brought you
t-r-a-n-s-f-o-r-m-e-r-s.......

painful to watch the reconfig, very revealing
makeover, any other car could have sufficed

I don't think anyone could argue with the skill it took to do all that work - great in progress photos too.

Unfortunately, I tend to believe that most kit cars look just like what they are, kit cars.

I cringed as I saw what happened to this poor NSX - though the finish result does look like it was a nice job, (man how many hours went into that?) I still feel sorry for the NSX. Nonetheless, I appreciate the skills it took to perform that transformation and then yes, paint it black. That speaks to the skills of the craftsmen who did this.

I wonder how much more the car weighs now with all that bondo?

xsn said:
People who try to make cars look like other cars are weird. I agree with Juice - "If only he could use his powers for good instead of evil."

I agree, too much effort and too much $.

I think he would have been better off spending all that wasted money on "MODS" any assumptions on the cost?

Just image all those MODS he could have had!

It actually looked somewhat promising on pages 1 and 2.

I would actually say that's probably one of the better kit cars that I've seen...but it's still very obvious that it's not a real F50.

Dumb!!!!! "Poor NSX" is right!!! :mad:

F50?

Wow...that was alot of work and skill. Anybody who doesnt think this guy has skill and big balls doesnt know what it takes to do what he did. Then to paint it black! If your going to spend that much time you better do it perfect or the critics will tear up apart.

I think it turned out pretty cool...especially if you dont want to fork out $1,000,000 for a F50. What a great chasis to use...NSX. He obviously knows what chasis to pick :)

It looks a little funny in the back quarters but all in all he could put it in a magazine. If you saw it driving down the road you might break your neck trying to figure out if its a F50 or not.

If the guy who did it is reading this...nice job...you have mucho cudos.

Jason

Some of you guys didn't take time to do a side-by-side... I think it looks pretty good.

Here's some F50 pics I took in Palm Beach... I always wanted the car but for $600k I couldn't enjoy driving it.

Where do I get one? Is the guy going to make a kit?

NSX comfort and Ferrari art combined into one fun toy, how can you beat that?

Attachments

• black f50   nsx copy front.jpg
    black f50 nsx copy front.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 1,376
Like I said, I have mad respect for the guy who did this work. But it seems like such a waste. With the amount of work put in here he could have created a mold for a completely original kit that could have rivaled the best out there. On top of that, it would have been financially beneficial in the process. I would love to employ the guy who performed this level of work. He is truly a perfectionist and should be admired. His goal, however, seems ill fitted at best.

Look at this way: he now owns a reliable F50! :p

On a related note, I personaly love body kits. For example I am thinking heavily about the Veilside kit; however, I have no question about the origin of my NSX. I do not want to turn it into a Ferrari or Lambo. Even if I should convert the looks slightly, I love the fact that I own a Japanese exotic, the NSX. Some of us are conservative with our vehicles, others are not. I have been verbally bashed because of some of the things I have done to my car but in the end, I probably love the NSX more than most rational enthusiasts. Like I have told my girlfriend, I dream in NSX.

NSXocto said:
NSX comfort and Ferrari art combined into one fun toy, how can you beat that?

Asthetics aside, I would be very careful driving that car.

Did anyone notice the amount of offset in the wheels/tires? :eek: The fronts must be pushed out about 5" - 6"!

awesome craftmanship..
but for a 300hp car to add that much weight,
it would end up with performance of a Civic.....damn....

here are the Veilside NSXs

(cost US$8000 for the kit, and you get to find someone to put it on)
NSX-F.jpg

NSX-R.jpg

NSX-S.jpg

I would like to see the vielside kit with normal wheels vs those retarded oversized wheels.

Back