• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ambient lighting

I've always liked the subtle Amber ambient lighting of the interior in my M3 and was looking for something similar in the NSX. I didn't find much on the subject and was considering installing some custom LEDs but scratched that idea as I couldn't find a way to make it look stock. Eventually I found that some Gentex rearview mirrors had built in map lights with an ambient lighting feature. Since I had already updated my mirror to one with Homelink and auto dim, this was a no brainier. You can find them on eBay for about $100 but they're discontinued so don't come up often. Well worth it in my opinion if you can get your hands on one. You have to look for model #341 or search "light rearview mirror"

In the picture you can kind of make out my hand on the shifter. IMG_20180903_211313.jpeg

Here are the lights on the mirror. I ended up coloring the lens with a sharpie as it was initially too bright for my liking.

IMG_20180903_211328.jpeg

Link to Homelink Rearview Mirror DIY:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/206704-DIY-Homelink-Rearview-mirror

Last edited:
You forgot to bump a 10 year old thread to report this. LOL. :tongue: Your car is looking good (saw your recent post in the picture gallery).

Back