• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

American Le Mans Series Highcroft Racing

docjohn said:
Tony you are in charge of ....logistics!:cool:

I'm good at finding dirt roads...
19708263-M.jpg

I thought this was the way to Danbury... Are we in Connecticut yet??:confused:
19708264-M.jpg

DocJohn now it's my turn to miss out on something big due to inconsiderate people getting married:mad: .

Have a wedding in RI that morning and NO I can't tell them to wait:eek:

Bob I am relying on your photographic expertise and there is NO excuse acceptable so you had better be there:biggrin:

RSO 34 said:
I have simply commented on various facts and statements that you have made after you complained about being insulted as a result of this thread and questioned whether there was a right to use Prime in this fashion. You also questioned whether NSXCA members should use Prime to publicize their events and suggested we should have our own site. I merely pointed out the irony of that suggestion coming from someone who neither supports the NSXCA nor Prime when the very people you feel should not use Prime for these events are the ones who are helping Lud financially to keep it running.

This thread was created to advise of a great new event on the schedule and you chose to interject your unjustified complaint so let's try to keep it on topic from here on out. You can always start your own thread, at no charge, on the NSX Prime Website News and Discussion forum and suggest that the rest of us be prohibited from using these forums to announce events.

Simply commenting? Thats not a retraction, just simple verbage. Don't insult my intelligence...I know when someone is attacking my character. And I am sure other people who read this thread can see the same thing. But ofcourse everyone can have their own opinions...It becomes out of line when you start making personal attacks.

Ofcouse you feel you have the right to make those comments since you are a champion sponser and nsxca is a sponser on this site. Perhaps Lud can setup a forum on this site for nsxca, sponsorships should have it priviliges. But you have no right to attack my character when you don't even know me.

As for the irony, I don't see it since this is a public site. The irony I do see is that nsxca needs this site more than prime needs nsxca sponsership. My complaint is not unjustified since this is a public site and I can have my opinions on the topic. Your attack on my character is unjustified sir.

nsxtacey said:
Simply commenting? Thats not a retraction, just simple verbage. Don't insult my intelligence...I know when someone is attacking my character. And I am sure other people who read this thread can see the same thing. But ofcourse everyone can have their own opinions...It becomes out of line when you start making personal attacks.

Ofcouse you feel you have the right to make those comments since you are a champion sponser and nsxca is a sponser on this site. Perhaps Lud can setup a forum on this site for nsxca, sponsorships should have it priviliges. But you have no right to attack my character when you don't even know me.

As for the irony, I don't see it since this is a public site. The irony I do see is that nsxca needs this site more than prime needs nsxca sponsership. My complaint is not unjustified since this is a public site and I can have my opinions on the topic. Your attack on my character is unjustified sir.

As I have pointed out and as you have apparently failed to notice, there is an NSXCA forum on Prime but regional activities have always been listed in the regional forums. And, yes, this is a public site but it is managed privately by Lud as well some some volunteer moderators. That being said, it would be a nice thing to do to make a donation to Lud to help him defray his personal costs so that you may continue to vent about things that insult you despite the fact that you remain incorrect about those complaints.

This has not been a personal attack on your character but an observation of the facts that:

1. You are not a member of the NSXCA
2. You have not contributed to Prime
3. You criticized Peter for starting this thread without any justification for that criticism
4. You impliedly denigrate the NSXCA by boasting of your "free" car club by comparison
5. And, finally, you get mighty defensive about having these facts pointed out to you while you continue to exhibit a solipsistic attitude

So, yes, you may continue to have your opinions as well as continue to sit on the sidelines expecting everyone else to do the "work" for you to organize events and maintain this website but I am entitled to my opinions as well.

nsxtacey,You sound reasonable enough but i feel just like Bob,that you must have some agenda about clubs/meets/nsxprime.Every region here does the same thing, nsxca events are for members.You can be just as worthy as the rest of us by sending 40$ to Ken Sax:smile: We have discussed having a web board on nsxca's site but the powers that be feel as I do that as long as prime has the service available and gets the hits it does then why change a winning formula.You may find it usefull to post a new thread in the prime forum as to your displeasure with nsxca using this site and see how the masses feel,I'm pretty sure though that we have old threads about that.

NSXtacey,

Your complaint seems ridiculous. On one hand you want free (freedom of speech, freedom of expense on Prime and free car clubs.

Then on the other hand, you want to limit a group of owners that are willing to put up their money and time to establish fun get-togethers for NSX owners.

My view is this is a forum for NSX owners and NSX fans.
NSXCA members are NSX owners. What is your problem with NSX owners getting the word out about an NSX event on an NSX website?

You are free to join or not join the NSXCA and to associate with whom you choose.

Therefore, I assume you have some beef with the club or you would not continue persist with this debate. You must have other things to do with your time other than continue this banter.

That said, I look forward to seeing all my Northeast buddies at this event on the 16th.

All the best to you.

docjohn said:
Larry will be wrenching

mmm.....If this is the case, MANY NSX's will need fixing, since I will convert for good!! LOL.......

Anyway, this will be a great event, and a little birdie tells me there will be a follow up in the near future. But heck, what do I know;);).

Is it really OK for people from Kansas to come...?? :D:D

Rich, really looking forward to seeing Amanda and you:).

Regards,
LarryB

RSO 34 said:
As I have pointed out and as you have apparently failed to notice, there is an NSXCA forum on Prime but regional activities have always been listed in the regional forums. And, yes, this is a public site but it is managed privately by Lud as well some some volunteer moderators. That being said, it would be a nice thing to do to make a donation to Lud to help him defray his personal costs so that you may continue to vent about things that insult you despite the fact that you remain incorrect about those complaints.

This has not been a personal attack on your character but an observation of the facts that:

1. You are not a member of the NSXCA
2. You have not contributed to Prime
3. You criticized Peter for starting this thread without any justification for that criticism
4. You impliedly denigrate the NSXCA by boasting of your "free" car club by comparison
5. And, finally, you get mighty defensive about having these facts pointed out to you while you continue to exhibit a solipsistic attitude

So, yes, you may continue to have your opinions as well as continue to sit on the sidelines expecting everyone else to do the "work" for you to organize events and maintain this website but I am entitled to my opinions as well.

Please explain why my complaint is incorrect or unjustified? I gave an example how if I did the same thing about the events my group have, I think some people would feel teased at for not being in the same group regardless if its free or cost only $40 to join.

I think you have made judgments and conclusions about me based on the little information you know about me:

1. the fact that my car club is free
2. the fact that i haven't made a contribution to this site

First, the comment about me belonging to only one club and that its free is to show that my commitment to my club which happens to be free. It in no way entails or possibly be construed as I want to come to your events for free or that the nsxca should organize events for free. So you've got it twisted if you think I am self centered or i want to be a free loader.

Secondly, this site thrives not only on financial contributions but also by contributing via posts. I am sure there are nsxca members who have not made financial contrubtions to this site and others who do not have the disposable income like yourself to contribute. However, I have made a financial contribution just to show that I'm not as cheap as you think I am since you seem to like to hang on to the subject. People who know me personally (some on prime) know I am by far a cheap.

RSO 34 said:
Believing that you are the center of the universe might be free but a nominal annual fee will ensure that you can get out more and realize that not everything revolves around you.
RSO 34 said:
As an aside, I find it interesting you also choose to use this site for free rather than making a contribution...

You can always start your own thread, at no charge...

I merely pointed out the irony of that suggestion coming from someone who neither supports the NSXCA nor Prime...
RSO 34 said:
5. And, finally, you get mighty defensive about having these facts pointed out to you while you continue to exhibit a solipsistic attitude...

I welcome opinions of others about how these "observations/comments" you've made about me should be construed. If everyone thinks these "observations" should not be taken as a personal attack on my character than I appologize for the misunderstanding.

RichH said:
NSXtacey,

Your complaint seems ridiculous. On one hand you want free (freedom of speech, freedom of expense on Prime and free car clubs.

Then on the other hand, you want to limit a group of owners that are willing to put up their money and time to establish fun get-togethers for NSX owners.

My view is this is a forum for NSX owners and NSX fans.
NSXCA members are NSX owners. What is your problem with NSX owners getting the word out about an NSX event on an NSX website?

You are free to join or not join the NSXCA and to associate with whom you choose.

Therefore, I assume you have some beef with the club or you would not continue persist with this debate. You must have other things to do with your time other than continue this banter.

That said, I look forward to seeing all my Northeast buddies at this event on the 16th.

All the best to you.

I have not "impliedly denigrate" the nsxca in any way. If I have in anyway then I must apologize. I continue to post in this thread to defend my character only. I've only suggusted that nsxca has its own forum or site. My only beef is with RSO who I feel has attacked my character. But I understand your need to back your club and fellow club buddies as I would do the same for my group.

The most positive "off topic" item to come out of this thread has been your worthwhile and generous support of Prime and I am sure that Lud appreciates your contribution, as do I (and I am being serious).

I think that this thread would be best served at this stage if it remains on topic so that this exciting and unique opportunity being organized by Peter does not get lost in the shuffle. I still would suggest that if the topic of this thread somehow continues to be offensive/insulting to you that you start one in the appropriate forum to discuss this in greater detail.

nsxtacey said:
But I understand your need to back your club and fellow club buddies as I would do the same for my group.

For only a $40 "retainer" (which would get you a membership in the NSXCA and invitations to events such as these), you could have had our backing here and these non-productive diatribes could have been avoided. :biggrin:

I guess since Rich hasn't changed his region affiliation we will have to let him come. Sounds like a great event and will be a perfect addition to my weekend. Planing to enter my very 1st car show with the T-bird that Sunday.

Another saturday event I have the pleasure of missing:frown:

Larry Bastanza said:
mmm.....
Is it really OK for people from Kansas to come...?? :D:D
LarryB

Larry,
I'll be sneaking in the back door. I look forward to seeing all you guys. It has been awhile.

Hi Le Don,
I still have my house in NH. So, I guess I can be considered a NE region guy in exile. :biggrin:
Cheers Rich

Hi All;

I'll be there & Peter If I can assist in any way give me a shout.. I always try to be of help as a NSXCA honorabe thing to do.. Thanks for a great event to replace this year Fog Rock Event.. Keep me posted & count me & guest in..
What do you say CT. NSXCA Guy & Gals.. Lets have a good showing of CLUB MEMBERS:biggrin:
Regard; Clem

Clem,
Let's meet up and cruise down to Danbury together. What's up with Fog Rock? I kept checking Prime for the post, but no luck.
Jesse

I have a Lions Club charity event that morning I have to attend.(I'm the Pres. and am doing 3 jobs)
I'll try to sneak in about 1pm.

Back