• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Announcement: Nsxpo 2016 thread

That sounds great.

This hanks for the update.

- - - Updated - - -

Also it would be good for storage like Han Solo

- - - Updated - - -

attachment.php

Ole,
Call me please....have a couple of sponsors for you....

Booked the room & the car train today. [My body no longer appreciates 15+ hour drives :) ] Now I'm just waiting for the new website for NSXPO registration to come on line.

If I can't make it to Expo in my nsx, can i do the track day in a rental? or if someone would be kind enough for a co-drive. :D

If I can't make it to Expo in my nsx, can i do the track day in a rental? or if someone would be kind enough for a co-drive. :D

I may be renting a spec Miata but race prepped. A true rental car would not be permitted since you couldn't get it tech inspected.

I may be renting a spec Miata but race prepped. A true rental car would not be permitted since you couldn't get it tech inspected.

A spec miata would be fun, i'll look into that, hopefully its not expensive. If not, why would a true rental not be allowed? How is tech handled at expo's? Provided I arrived early enough, I can swing by a shop that does NASA or SCCA techs, tech the rental car.

I'm sure chin will rent cars..

Seriously? Hmm. how much would something like that cost?

Some basic googling, it'll be around $1k+ day for a Spec Miata. I'm leaning towards putting around in a Camry... :)

Seriously? Hmm. how much would something like that cost?

Chin does not rent but they do partner with Sick Sideways in Sebring. They rent track prepped S2000s and MX-5 cup cars and also provide pro coaching if you want that.

Sicksideways.com
Principal is John Dean

"Rack rate" rentals are around $1500 for the day with track support.

Hey guys any preliminary itinerary yet? Which days are the track days? Are the track days included in the 3-6? Or are the 3-6 just the social events?

I'm just trying to plan another vacation to line up with it so it would help to know...

Thanks in advance!

- - - Updated - - -

Never mind I found some answers to my questions on pages 4 and 5. Can I assume Sunday events will wrap up around lunchtime?

Will there be (or could there be?) an opportunity for NSXPO attendees to drive their cars on the Sebring circuit without necessarily attending the full track day(s)? Bottomline: I'm just not particularly comfortable taking my car to 8 or 9 tenths but would honestly relish the opportunity to say my car and I had driven the course. Especially one as historical as Sebring. I have no idea how many others might feel the same way but just thought I'd throw it out there...not trying to make things complicated. Thanks.

I'm hesitant to take my car on the track as well. First it is very hard on brakes, tires, paint, etc. I would be totally happy if there were several drives where we could open the cars up as well. I would guess that will all be clarified once we have the schedule.

Thanks, Ken
<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/308b868a/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>

Will there be (or could there be?) an opportunity for NSXPO attendees to drive their cars on the Sebring circuit without necessarily attending the full track day(s)?

If Chin Motorsports is running the track day, they might have parade laps during lunch. I've seen them do parade laps at few different venues. (this is just speculation, no clue how expo is handled)

Will there be (or could there be?) an opportunity for NSXPO attendees to drive their cars on the Sebring circuit without necessarily attending the full track day(s)? Bottomline: I'm just not particularly comfortable taking my car to 8 or 9 tenths but would honestly relish the opportunity to say my car and I had driven the course. Especially one as historical as Sebring. I have no idea how many others might feel the same way but just thought I'd throw it out there...not trying to make things complicated. Thanks.

We are hoping to be able to do parade laps. These would be behind a pace car and would generally be below highway speeds and without helmets. Other than parade laps the track will be limited to the HPDE event for registered trackers.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm hesitant to take my car on the track as well. First it is very hard on brakes, tires, paint, etc.

I have 111 track days and over 12,000 track miles and the love bugs at sebring were the biggest issue..........:eek:

*** FYI - for anyone driving from Dallas to Orlando

There is a large 100 car rally called Corsa America that is running west to east, Dallas to Miami, from Nov 1st to the 6th
11/01/16 : Dallas
11/02/16 : New Orleans
11/03/16 : New Orleans
11/04/16 : Orlando
11/05/2016: Miami

Ya might find some interesting company on the road and probably more LEOs too...

http://corsaamerica.com/corsa-cross-country-rally/

We will be a sponsor again this year for the NSXPO so if we didn't get to meet you last year in Palm Springs or if you are coming to both, please stop by and say hello!

Come by and touch / feel our products as we will be raffling off one steering wheel to a lucky owner among other products :)

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...d-Steering-Wheels-in-Suede-Leather-CF-Stripes

Hope to see many new and old friends at the show this year!

I saw some people are shipping their NSX one way down in trailers (from NY to FL). For any of you who are, do you mind letting me know who you transporter is and what costs?

I saw in this thread a cost of $550 one way. I am in the process of Moving from NY to FL and am being quoted more than double that rate even though I will have 4 vehicles. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I'm hesitant to take my car on the track as well. First it is very hard on brakes, tires, paint, etc. I would be totally happy if there were several drives where we could open the cars up as well. I would guess that will all be clarified once we have the schedule.

Thanks, Ken
<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/308b868a/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>

Ken, not really true. It is hard on tires: wear item. It does wear brakes, but again a wear item, and brake pads for an NSX are very low cost compared to other cars on this class. You should never give up the opportunity to really enjoy your car and its capabilities on a track.
BTW. The track is safer than the freeway you take to get there.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

Thank you for the information and I understand. Buy brother teaches for the Porsche Racing School. I am still learning about the car and its capabilities. Once we register I hope we will have some time to consider a track day.<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/331367d/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>

Ken, not really true. It is hard on tires: wear item. It does wear brakes, but again a wear item, and brake pads for an NSX are very low cost compared to other cars on this class. You should never give up the opportunity to really enjoy your car and its capabilities on a track.
BTW. The track is safer than the freeway you take to get there.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

+1 with warren. The reality is that spirited drives are much more dangerous and harder on your car than the track. On the Hwy you are confined to a lane which usually has little to no room for error. And you can't take the proper and safe line through the corner which would be less wear on tires and brakes. Plus, at NSXPO's HPDE you will have an instructor teaching you the proper way to negotiate a turn without exceeding your limit or the car's. I find it strange how we are willing to push the limits of our car and self on a mountain road with traffic coming at us and yet fear a wide open race course with everyone going the same direction and a lot less things to hit. Can things happen on a track? Sure they can. But, the cost and the consequences are a lot less. Just my .02.

Don't worry about wear and tear on the track. Clear bra or painters tape your car up to protect the paint if you're worried, or just hang back from other cars. If you're not going 8-10/10th's, you probably won't be chewing up the tires or brakes much. Stay within your comfort zone, don't be a showoff/hero and you'll be fine. And for your car/safety and everyone else, general maintenance, checkup and fluids before you hit the track is always a good idea.

The nsxpo DE is always a very organized and controlled environment for the students.Safety is paramount.Every student is paired with an instructor, most with nsxperience.....

You guys are making me feel less nervous about the track day!! Thanks!!

Cars fluids have been changed.. New brakes installed.. Now waiting on a set of wheels to put my new tires on.. Then one last inspection to be made of my suspension.

Back