• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Announcing "the Nsx Registry"

Maybe I'm the only one here, but I recently (few months ago) purchaced about $1,000 worth of stuff from Dali. Not only did have great service but the price was very good too. I was totally shocked at some of these post. Sorry to hear so many mishap from so many of you. i dunno..

Mark is a pretty cool guy to deal with in my personal experiences. He definitely doesn't like it when one is pushing him, though. All I am saying is: if you ordered something from the g, give him some time and space to do his job.

I agree that this thread has been mutated into another Dali-negative thread. I think that in itself is indicative of the underlying issue. There DOES seem to be just as many happy customers as unhappy. 50-50 is not the kind of odds I want to take in ordering my parts. SoS has been taking log time filling my order, but, as has been suggested regarding Dali, there have been extenuating circumstances: in this case the product I'd ordered had a better alternative that was not ready yet, and now it is. The difference is where Dali ignored my order, and ensueing e-mails, Chris and Seth have e-mailed, phoned, and gone out of their way for a small order. And while I think that's just how you conduct business, still I laud their efforts in kepping an impatient person like myself happy through this process. Where the registry is concerned, I'm simply not confident that, a year later, LUD's idea is finally executed when even HE thinks it's a dead issue, it's not working properly, and it's being handled by an un-reliable person. I don't think Mark will 'steal' our info, just that in refering people to the registry, knows what they'll find? And regarding Dali Racing, yes many NSXers have had satisfactory service. To those folks, all I can say is congrtats, but do you want to advocate a company that served you well while dis-affecting so many of your fellow enthusiasts? I know I'm not the type to survive a flood while my neighbour's house is washed away and look at him and say 'well tough luck, bud, but look, my house is fine so tell your story walking'. I'd like to think I'd feel for the guy and we'd go together to sand-bag our other neighbour's house before something happens to him. Know what I mean?

I would like to add that I would rather see a registry associated with NSXPrime. I do not want to post to the current registry. On another note, should I be able to post information about NSXs that I did not personally own but know the history about?

NSX2398 said:

If the intent is to provide an added level of buyer protection by providing a VIN-indexed 'repository' of ownership and other information, then I think we need to be 'harvesting' all manner of public information sources such as ebay, autotrader, carfax, prime, etc. This would allow prime members to 'enhance' the information through comments based on first-hand knowledge, inspections, insight into questionable carfax info, etc.

I don't think it is neccesary to harvest all resources such as autotrader, carfax...etc and bunch them all together. I think they should just be complements of each other. It would be hard to keep the registry up-to-date if all those resources are combined. As in it would be burdesome to change and update the registry as carfax, autotrader...etc updates their data. It's like writing a program; there's no need to write another version of the code when there's already codes written to accomplish that exact task.

But even if the effort only save one potential buyer from a fraudulent seller, it is well worth it...

NoSeX4U said:
I agree that this thread has been mutated into another Dali-negative thread. I think that in itself is indicative of the underlying issue. There DOES seem to be just as many happy customers as unhappy. 50-50 is not the kind of odds I want to take in ordering my parts. SoS has been taking log time filling my order, but, as has been suggested regarding Dali, there have been extenuating circumstances: in this case the product I'd ordered had a better alternative that was not ready yet, and now it is. The difference is where Dali ignored my order, and ensueing e-mails, Chris and Seth have e-mailed, phoned, and gone out of their way for a small order. And while I think that's just how you conduct business, still I laud their efforts in kepping an impatient person like myself happy through this process. Where the registry is concerned, I'm simply not confident that, a year later, LUD's idea is finally executed when even HE thinks it's a dead issue, it's not working properly, and it's being handled by an un-reliable person. I don't think Mark will 'steal' our info, just that in refering people to the registry, knows what they'll find? And regarding Dali Racing, yes many NSXers have had satisfactory service. To those folks, all I can say is congrtats, but do you want to advocate a company that served you well while dis-affecting so many of your fellow enthusiasts? I know I'm not the type to survive a flood while my neighbour's house is washed away and look at him and say 'well tough luck, bud, but look, my house is fine so tell your story walking'. I'd like to think I'd feel for the guy and we'd go together to sand-bag our other neighbour's house before something happens to him. Know what I mean?
Very well put, Tim.

NoSeX4U said:

I agree: Well put, Tim.

To me there is a difference between "jumping on the bandwagon", as some support has been characterized here, and showing support for your fellow NSX owners who say a particular company has not been dealing fairly with them, and not then participating in that company's projects or otherwise supporting them.

I thought Tim's flood analogy was good. I have never dealt with Dali Racing, do not know MJ, and have no personal beef, but I don't have to have the issue myself to care that several others have not been treated fairly. And I would hope for the same from the rest of the community if the issue had been mine and been as clear and undisputed as the complaints about Dali that I have seen.

Once again, looking forward to the "official" NSX registry. One of the things I most hope it will provide is a way to meet other NSX owners who live right near me, but maybe don't get to the local lunches.

Chip

Back