• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Another '02 conversion thread

I admit I have a lot of "just sell it" thoughts as well, but I know I'll just pick up another, newer NSX. After crunching numbers, it seems the most economical thing to do is to just keep mine and continuously update it :)

02+ and street trim for the win!!

I admit I have a lot of "just sell it" thoughts as well, but I know I'll just pick up another, newer NSX. After crunching numbers, it seems the most economical thing to do is to just keep mine and continuously update it :)
Me and you think the same my friend. I've thought about this a lot over the years and ultimately resulted in the purchase of my 91 in the first place. Yes, maybe i'll end up with a 50-60k build at the end of the day but given my personality the journey is more satisfying than simply buying a Modena (or insert some 60k+ supercar here) outright.

Back on topic... if you pull off the Madonna kit I would be insanely jealous. I know you'd do it right and surely it will turn out much better than the current Berlina example floating around which, itself is already awesome.

I hear the DF kit fits well but I can't figure out how to get to the bumper mounting bolts if the bumper caps are sealed off. Also, for you as a legitimate track guy.. won't you need tow hook access as well? I believe DF has both covered up.

I run a Taitec/ Tracy Sports 02 bumper with an OEM hood. All panel gaps are within OEM specs. It doesn't have bolt cover caps, but I can still can bolt up the OEM beam using all 6 bolts. With the headlights off, I simply reverse the bolt direction (the bolt that is normally accessed by the cap) and tighten from the inside, rather than from outside the front bumper. Having to pull the headlights off is a bitch to just remove/install this front bumper. I should have and will eventually run an OEM one later.

Ill throw my .02 in here also... First off, I love your car as is. Yours really is one of my favorites. But if you want to change it up, I would agree the Madonna kit would be awesome. I say however dont do the R wing. Everyone seems to do it, and personally I dont even like it one bit. If you do the front conversion, take the headlights apart and pain the insides black...

... I hear the DF kit fits well but I can't figure out how to get to the bumper mounting bolts if the bumper caps are sealed off. Also, for you as a legitimate track guy.. won't you need tow hook access as well? I believe DF has both covered up.

DF's bumper does retain the bumper caps but no tow hook access. Taitec's have neither.

I can't comment on DF's fitment based on personal experience (although I did purchase one and it's sitting right at home now) because I decided not to go through with the conversion at the end. However, I still believe it fits well based on others that I've seen. One thing you need to know is that DF's version eliminated the separation lines between the upper and lower bumper, this may not be everyone's cup of tea.

Jin's car made a fine example of Taitec's version hence bottomline is that to each their own, you shouldn't be disappointed with either of them.

Coming out from a junction the front driver stop suddenly without good reason. I did not see him stop because of the blind spot (he was far left and I am driving on the right hand side) so there was a thud. His exhaust fell off and my left headlamp broke. It happen last years June.

I'm sorry to hear about your accident :frown:

How's the car doing now? I've seen pics of it when it had a widebody and back to R look in LBBP but not much info when it got painted white.

I've always liked your car, do you have any recent pics? I tried searching posts by you but no images came up. Many thanks in advance.

I've been debating the 02 conversion ever since I bought my car 4 years ago. I admit the newer headlights look more modern, but at certain angles the newer face looks a little strange to me. One member referred to it as a "dead fish" and for some reason that analogy always stuck with me. As of late, I have decided to just go with the wings west kit and call it a day. All the money I was planning on using for the 02 conversion, I plan on using to build a custom engine. Personally, I think your car looks fine as is.

I'm sorry to hear about your accident :frown:

How's the car doing now? I've seen pics of it when it had a widebody and back to R look in LBBP but not much info when it got painted white.

I've always liked your car, do you have any recent pics? I tried searching posts by you but no images came up. Many thanks in advance.

Sorry OP I hijack your thread a little. Currently I am studying in UK for my master degree. It will be almost one year when I come back in september. In the mean time the car has been in the garage under cover. I will be making a separate thread about the journey of my car from the day I bought it until the most recent one.

Pardon me for going a little OT as well, Oyagi. I shall PM Jin if I have more questions for him. :tongue:

Anyway, hope my on-topic posts have helped with your decision. :smile:

Back