• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Another Flowmaster exhaust user...BUT...

well i took the plunge and gave the flow master exhaust set up mentioned earlier a shot...i love the sound and it is quite a few pounds lighter...however, maybe there's not enough back pressure or what, but when i get on it now in 2nd gear, the car hesitates alot as if it weren't getting enough fuel or too much...its either rich or lean...don't know why though. Any suggestions? there is one weird bend in the outlet exhaust pipe, but i don't think thats enough to do that.

Im thinkin the piping is too big and there's not enough back pressure (but that doesn't make sense because the piping is stock size) grrrrr

Thats strange. I have the FM on my NSX for a few weeks now and I don't notice any hesitation at all.
Z

Something else: Not Flowmasters

I had a dual in - dual out flowmaster meant for a corvette (forgot the model number) and factory cats installed and did not notice and hesitation with this setup (92 5 speed 70k) I would rule out the O2 sensors and go from there.

My 2 cents.

RAY

Brian2by2 said:
What else though?? Fuel filter? bent piping creating un even airflow? lack of back pressure? I'm putting a CAI today so we'll see if more air changes it, but i doubt it.

I would check the O2 sensors

Brian2by2 said:
What else though?? Fuel filter? bent piping creating un even airflow? lack of back pressure? I'm putting a CAI today so we'll see if more air changes it, but i doubt it.

I would try to fix the problem before making further mods. That just adds more variables.

ak said:
I would try to fix the problem before making further mods. That just adds more variables.
definitely. i would try bolting the stock muffler back on (assuming you didn't hack it up to make your flowmaster exhaust) to see if the problem is with the muffler or something else.

well, i know it has to do with the exhaust because it was fine coming into the shop and the first ride out it did it. How close are the O2 sensors in relativity to the exhaust setup? And no one thinks that a bent pipe can disrupt the airflow and cause this? its a very suttle flutter, but a flutter none-the-less

Back