• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Another new NSX owner

Would like to say hello to the list, I am a new NSX owner, and am totally delighted with my new (old) car. It is a 91 automatic in Formula red and black with 19,600 miles on it, pure stock, I am 62 years old, it is going to be a daily driver, and I am going to seriously try to wear it out before I get too old to drive it.
The wife and I spent all day yesterday in it, enjoying the fall here in North East Tennessee, it was delightful, (the stock radio is great, it works perfect even down in the hollars out in the middle of nowhere) and we had a fine time taking in the fall colors.
The high point of the day was when a young man in a Nissan 350Z turned around and tucked in behind us out in the middle of nowhere, so I pulled over and and stopped, he pulled up along side, I said "It's a fine day for a ride, isn't it?" And he replied, "I am a Nissan guy, but I just wanted to let you know, that is an awesome car."
After we parted ways, my wife looked at me big-eyed and said, "Wow! It's true!" I just grinned. (We both used to autocross 40-some years ago, she has driven it out in the twisty back roads, and really likes it, but has trouble getting in and out. The years will do that to you...)
The last time I felt this much delight was (a) when I got saved, (b) when my kids were born, and (c) when I retired. This is going to be fun.

Welcome, congrats, and enjoy your NSX.

Great story. My wife and I went through TN after we took delivery of our X. Beautiful scenery. Please post some pics. 19K is extremely low for a 91. Sounds like you got a great one.

If you ever have the inkling to come down this way, there are several owners in Knoxville who would be happy to see another NSX. :biggrin:

Wow! Another great owner who is daily driving their NSX. I wish i could

Great intro!

The only reason the car we bought came up for sale was that the owner's back problems caused egress issues, so it's an excellent idea to drive your car as much as you can for as long as you can :wink:

It'll help keep you young,
Brian

Welcome, and congratulations!

As mentioned above, there are several of us in the greater Knoxville area, so give a yell if you are going to be down this way. The East TN region of the SCCA is still very active if you ever consider chasing a cone or two again. :smile:

enjoy!

Welcome! I am glad to hear you are enjoying yourself...and of course post up some pictures.

Grats and enjoy the ride. Hope the car adds an extra grin to your retirement. :biggrin:

Congratulations! My wife and I fight over who *has* to drive the NSX to work each day...what a wonderful problem to have!

Of course, the owners there in TN will introduce you to the Tail of the Dragon as well - by far the most fun I have ever had in a car: The NSX on the Dragon in November as the leaves were changing.

-Dave

Congrats and welcome to Prime! Driving the NSX is "food for the soul". Good to hear you get to share the experience with your wife. Stay safe and hope you have many years of enjoyment.

Back