• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Another Vehicle Speed Sensor Wire Question

I have a '96 and I am looking for the speed sensor wire for the nav.

I have done several searches, but I read several times that the 95/96 models were different than the other NA1 and NA2 models.

There is an orange wire on the 12 pin plug at the ecu. is this still the correct wire to tap into?

Does anyone know if this is in-line with the speed sensor and the ecu or is this in-line with the ecu and the gauge cluster?

It appears that the wire goes back into the rear firewall and not forward to the cluster, but it may just be how the entire harness is routed.

I want to tap into it after the ecu and not before (and not at the cluster since it is easier to run from the ecu area of the car for my set-up)

thanks for the help!

Check after post 19 here

Can't imagine your year would vary much or that VSS and OBD II would drastically alter things, but you would need the electrical manual for your year to make sure.

According to the diagram on Post 19, it looks like the Speed Sensor wire is Yellow/Red. I am not sure if this diagram is of the ECU or something else??? I am also not sure if this Yellow/Red wire is coming in, or out, of the ECU. Am I missing something?

One of the experts should chime in and get you straightened out. I wouldn't cut or splice into wire at the ECU unless I was ABSOLUTELY sure I had the correct wire and the correct location of that wire. It seems like there are several applications for wires of the same color all over the NSX.

Ask for a careful, complete and easy to understand explanation (photos?) on where the wire is located and you shall receive from one of the guru's on this site!

Yes, I agree.

I am hoping someone has a electrical manual specifically for the '95/'96 and can clarify the flow of the circuit as well as the color of the wire. I see that the pre '95's are Yellow/Red and the '97+ is orange, but I just want to be 100% sure the proper color wire for my year.

If anyone else can provide input, it would be appreciated.

thanks!

Back