• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Antenna Removal Help!

I recently had my antenna broken off by one of those parking arms at work. I removed everything out of the antenna tube i think and i still think the outer sleave of the antenna mast is stuck inside (the little 3" piece with the rubber top). I tore off the rubber piece on the old one like the one shown on the new antenna mast but it will not fit in the antenna tube? seems like the old outer sleave is still stuck inside? Any one know how to solve this? I could just buy a new tube for $70?:confused:

l_0e63385a95e16b02ccdf2f61d3b755a5.jpg

l_7560a2b76eff7c08929242bf57a2d0b2.jpg

l_1f98abf01ffe362e5d6f490b03098bce.jpg

If you want to keep the OEM antenna you will have to replace the mast. If so, get a Acura OEM mast, don't purchase a replacement mast off of eBay.

The mast that you are showing is not repairable. The mast is assembled together and the last thing that is done is the "button" is crimped on the top end of the antenna.

Brad

There is a VERY thin metal sleeve that wraps around the bottom of the mast that holds the mast in the tube. I have wrestled with two of these before. It's difficult, but possible, to get it out.

Good luck.

If you want to keep the OEM antenna you will have to replace the mast. If so, get a Acura OEM mast, don't purchase a replacement mast off of eBay.

The mast that you are showing is not repairable. The mast is assembled together and the last thing that is done is the "button" is crimped on the top end of the antenna.

Brad

The mast that i show in the picture is the new OEM Mast. I think chopsjazz has it right? I'm talking about antenna tube. I pulled the antenna out but i think the small thin tube is still inside?

There is a VERY thin metal sleeve that wraps around the bottom of the mast that holds the mast in the tube. I have wrestled with two of these before. It's difficult, but possible, to get it out.

Good luck.

ChopsJazz how did you get the inner tube out? i see the two prongs inside and thats about it?

I had to dig around (very carefully) with a small needle-nosed plier. You may have to dig the thing out starting with something small and pointed.

Careful is the key word here!

Yes, the sleeve is frozen inside. I went through the same thing this past summer. I was able to get it out after a lot of tedious work. If I recall correctly, I think that I was able to bend an end if it with a very thin screwdriver and then worked it out wth small pliers , picks, and pryers.

Yeah it is tedious. i bent the edges of the inner sleave with a flathead screwdriver then stuck a metal rod inside and hammered it out through the bottom. Apply wd40 after you bend the edges in helps too. new antenna went in on the first try.

Back