• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Any F360 owner here?

vdavie said:
i have a 99 F355 GTS..Great car.

vince

Now THAT is the car I have been debating getting.....either an F355 or a 993 Twin Turbo are what my two finalists are....

Meeyatch1 said:
Now THAT is the car I have been debating getting.....either an F355 or a 993 Twin Turbo are what my two finalists are....

Sorry, not mean to hi-jack this thread....but i'm with you Mitch, on the F355.

Silver 1999 F355 Berlineta for me. ;)

To thread starter: Good luck on your search, i hope you get one soo. :)

PoohBEAR's F360?

PoohBEAR said:
hahaha...guys, can I get it first before you start a list? heck, when i got it, i think the first person would be a cute brunette:D
Hey Calvin

I've found the car you you. Not far from your home either. Looks like a cutie may be included to help pimp your garage but a not a brunette (at the moment).

PoohBEAR's 360?

What do you think? :biggrin:

Well, count on maintenance being expensive and if it isn't, then hey, you've come out ahead. It seems that regular maintenance and making sure you have all the updates (05 F1 software, etc.) is key.

There is a lot of good info on FChat:

Some people claim they have had zero problems and some people have spent 8k a year just on the F1 tranny pump and clutch alone.

Here is a list of potential issues:

Dead batteries on early cars
Engine bay trays
Detached cable from outside door opener
Gas gauge not reading full
Condensation on headlight lens
Prior to assembly #4076 (’99), frame problems and motor mounts
Tranny mounts
VIN #'s 114015 – 123399 (‘99-‘01?), cam shaft variators, left bank variators (redesigned and replaced in ‘01; blue or green dot; part covered under campaign, labor free if belt service being performed)
Belt tensioners on specific models
Oil leak on left bank cam seals and cam cover
Shifter linkage pin
Clutch pedal failures on manuals
Bushing issue in bearing assembly for manuals
Defective throwout bearing and seals resulting in sticky clutch (updated in ‘01 and again in ‘04)
F1 software (upgrades and new system in ‘02)

Recalls:
Starter ring gear separation from clutch assembly (3 bolts to 6)
Break system electronic monitoring
Long-term reliability of the airbag sensor
ABS electronic control unit
Break and clutch fluid reservoir hoses
Engine ground strap for battery
Oil leak in hydraulic steering delivery pipe

I'm not a big fan of throwing on body kit parts, spoilers, and other aero parts but of course, to each their own.

The 430 is already out and several people have already taken delivery.

Good luck in your search!

JChoice said:
Well, count on maintenance being expensive and if it isn't, then hey, you've come out ahead. It seems that regular maintenance and making sure you have all the updates (05 F1 software, etc.) is key.

There is a lot of good info on FChat:

Some people claim they have had zero problems and some people have spent 8k a year just on the F1 tranny pump and clutch alone.

Here is a list of potential issues:

Dead batteries on early cars
Engine bay trays
Detached cable from outside door opener
Gas gauge not reading full
Condensation on headlight lens
Prior to assembly #4076 (’99), frame problems and motor mounts
Tranny mounts
VIN #'s 114015 – 123399 (‘99-‘01?), cam shaft variators, left bank variators (redesigned and replaced in ‘01; blue or green dot; part covered under campaign, labor free if belt service being performed)
Belt tensioners on specific models
Oil leak on left bank cam seals and cam cover
Shifter linkage pin
Clutch pedal failures on manuals
Bushing issue in bearing assembly for manuals
Defective throwout bearing and seals resulting in sticky clutch (updated in ‘01 and again in ‘04)
F1 software (upgrades and new system in ‘02)

Recalls:
Starter ring gear separation from clutch assembly (3 bolts to 6)
Break system electronic monitoring
Long-term reliability of the airbag sensor
ABS electronic control unit
Break and clutch fluid reservoir hoses
Engine ground strap for battery
Oil leak in hydraulic steering delivery pipe

I'm not a big fan of throwing on body kit parts, spoilers, and other aero parts but of course, to each their own.

The 430 is already out and several people have already taken delivery.

Good luck in your search!

Damn, with all those fixes, I can buy a used NSX as track car. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

vdavie said:
i have a 99 F355 GTS..Great car.

vince

The F355 is awesome. I drove a 360 Modena about a month or so ago, but it just did not do it for me. The car was great fun, but last week I heard an F355 go FLYING past me and the sound gave me goosebumps. The F355 is like a work of art, and the sound is the best of any Ferrari I have ever heard. My only thing is that I am trying to figure out how usable they are as a daily driver without spending $15,000 per year to keep it running.

Meeyatch1 said:
The F355 is awesome. I drove a 360 Modena about a month or so ago, but it just did not do it for me. The car was great fun, but last week I heard an F355 go FLYING past me and the sound gave me goosebumps. The F355 is like a work of art, and the sound is the best of any Ferrari I have ever heard. My only thing is that I am trying to figure out how usable they are as a daily driver without spending $15,000 per year to keep it running.

I also looked into acquisition of a 355. But, the figures I've heard are like $1/mi to operate a Ferrari and I'm just not into that. It's not so much the money as I do not like things which constantly break down. Stories about Ferraris dropping dead because of a gauge going bad are abundant. Something like that would really p!ss me off and I'd probably start kicking the car. I'll pay top dollar for a machine and pay top dollar for servicing it, but I will not suffer the indignity of having it let me down frequently.

I look at it like tires. Great tires offer exceptional performance but wear out quickly. That's acceptable. You pay to play. But, if the things went flat suddenly all the time and you had to change tires and get them repaired, that would be unacceptable.

liftshard said:
I also looked into acquisition of a 355. But, the figures I've heard are like $1/mi to operate a Ferrari and I'm just not into that. It's not so much the money as I do not like things which constantly break down. Stories about Ferraris dropping dead because of a gauge going bad are abundant. Something like that would really p!ss me off and I'd probably start kicking the car. I'll pay top dollar for a machine and pay top dollar for servicing it, but I will not suffer the indignity of having it let me down frequently.

I look at it like tires. Great tires offer exceptional performance but wear out quickly. That's acceptable. You pay to play. But, if the things went flat suddenly all the time and you had to change tires and get them repaired, that would be unacceptable.

I agree. As someone who likes to drive their cars, I want to know that I can safely drive a car across country and back and not have to worry about breaking down in the middle of nowhere. In a Ferrari I just do not have that feeling yet.

(* P.S. -- I was left stranded TWICE by a '90 Ferrari 348ts all in the same week. Both times it was over $800 to fix the problems. Ugh.)

PoohBEAR said:
I've been to Fchat with no real info. My possibility of picking up one is imminent. I know I want it, but I have no real info as to how I should take care of it. I am looking for real life experiences , maintenance issues, and so forth from current owner. Current owners, please chime in and help.

Thanks ya'll..................and NO, I am NOT trading my X in:D

Bump :D Are you still thinking about getting one? I hope to be able to get one myself :biggrin:

Back