• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Any Info / Advice on VIN #JH4NA2167VT000101

Hello Forum members,

Long time lurker since 2007 but finally registered because I am ready for an NSX! Friend found one with the above VIN # and apparently it was a salvage title, yes I know... Salvage vehicles are bad, but the price is pretty fair. It's Rio Yellow and I can clearly see the rear was pushed in and the person fixed it by welding a new rear clip on it. Is there certain things I should be worried about? I saw the weld line all the way to the rear suspension shock. I am not sure if the motor is good but they tried running it with some starter fluids and it worked. Apparently the fuel pump is dead. Any one know the history of this car? Or is there anything I should be worry about about slavage titles such as this?? Thanks everyone!

If it were me, I would call Joe (PJBasso I think) and offer him a consulting fee to come and look at the car in person. I would never buy a car knowing there has been welding done without having an expert look it over...unless you are paying $12-15k and you plan to part it out. Just my two cents.

The NSX is currently in Vancouver, BC so I don't think Joe can come by and take a look. I would never buy a salvage title car or rebuild, but to get one of my dream car at around $22k, it's quite tempting. Although it is missing tail lights, bumper, headlights, dead fuel pump, and unsure about the engine as it currently doesn't run with the dead fuel pump.

Back