• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Any NSX Technicians near San Fernando Valley - can't find Robert Garcia!

Hi Prime Members,

I was looking to have some service on my 2000 (oil change, timing belt, water pump). When I bought the car, I used Robert Garcia who was amazing, to do PPI. I'd like to use him again however can't get ahold of him - anyone know what happened to him or if he's still working as an NSX tech in LA?

If not, if someone could refer me to someone trustworthy and fair in their pricing that's up in the San Fernando Valley area, that would be amazing.

Thank you for your help.

As a caution, I would read the below thread...

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/189978-Shady-SoCal-Mechanic

If it's possible for you, I would make the drive out to Niguel Motors. Ramon is great. I also heard Jon Martin at Diamond Honda is good, but is no longer there so might be harder to track down.

Maybe some of the other SFV members can chime in to see if there is someone closer.

Do yourself a favor and make the drive to see Ramon at Niguel Motors. 27140 Cabot Rd b, Laguna Hills, CA 92653 (949) 348-2476

if you feel like laguna niguel is too far, you can also go to autowave in huntington beach. i know how you feel in feeling that laguna niguel might be too far of a drive, but like many others say, it's totally worth it. it used to be 60miles one way for me to go see ramon, but i moved a bit closer down and now im about 45miles from him. its so worth the drive for me to tho. ramon is awesome and hands down one of the nicest and honest guys you'll ever meet to take care of your nsx.

plus, after he fixes my car, the 45miles drive back home for me actually feels short and sometimes ill take even a longer route just to enjoy the longer drive more. haha

Wow, thanks Arkaid. I had only ever read the good stuff before buying my NSX back in 2013. Good thing I didn't follow up with letting him do any work on my car.

As a caution, I would read the below thread...

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/189978-Shady-SoCal-Mechanic

If it's possible for you, I would make the drive out to Niguel Motors. Ramon is great. I also heard Jon Martin at Diamond Honda is good, but is no longer there so might be harder to track down.

Maybe some of the other SFV members can chime in to see if there is someone closer.

Thanks, I actually gave him a call and what an honest guy. I told him I wanted my water pump and tb replaced. He asked me what the mileage on my car was - after I told him it was 87k he said forget it. It's a waste of time despite the age of the car (2000). Not often you hear someone in the car industry turn away business. Definitely will invest in driving down there when I need other maintenance done. Thanks again.

what is the replacement interval for the tb now? thought it was 60k miles.

Thanks, I actually gave him a call and what an honest guy. I told him I wanted my water pump and tb replaced. He asked me what the mileage on my car was - after I told him it was 87k he said forget it. It's a waste of time despite the age of the car (2000). Not often you hear someone in the car industry turn away business. Definitely will invest in driving down there when I need other maintenance done. Thanks again.

It should be around 100k miles or 7 years whichever comes first. Ramon at Niguel Motors have done dozens of TB/WP so he should know with the mileage what the parts look like hence he refused the OP's car with 87k miles being it's 17 years old

what is the replacement interval for the tb now? thought it was 60k miles.

Back