• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Any on replace this weatherstrip piece?

Looks like its only sold as a assy?
MOLDING, R. FR. DRIP & RETAINER *NH547*
72420-SL0-013ZC

I want to replace just the rubber part on item 12/15

Any ideas?

Attachments

• 13sl001_b4210.jpg
    13sl001_b4210.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 269
If you are referring to the rubber piece that the window seals against when you shut the door then yes, I have replaced this piece.

My passenger side seal had a rip and I ordered a new one and replaced it. It wasn't super easy to replace though and I have almost 10 years of past bodyshop experience.

You have to be very careful when installing it or you will tear the new seal. It has to be carefully tucked back into the groove that holds it in. Best done with something flat and rounded like a popsicle stick or similar. DO NOT use a flat bladed screwdriver or you will tear/cut the new seal.

FYI 12/19 in the above image is a metal piece. The rubber one that I think you're talking about is below it 7/9

FYI 12/19 in the above image is a metal piece. The rubber one that I think you're talking about is below it 7/9

Yes that is correct and 7/9 is right/left

Regards,
LarryB

Parts 12/15 are the metal retainer. Parts 7/9 are what you are looking for. Get parts 22 (8) and 34 (2) for both sides, unless yours are still good.

The rubber weatherstrips will come off without removing the metal retainers. As mentioned above ^^^^ take care not to tear the new molding.
As far as I know the moldings do not require adhesive.

While you're at it you might check to see if your upper windshield molding is shrunk or in bad shape and replace that at the same time. I just replaced my '94 windshield molding and it looks awesome. For the windshield molding the metal retainers do need to come off, it's a little more work but IMO it's worth it.

-DREW-

I suspect the OP is referring to the thin rubber strip between the roof and the trim panel...

^^^I believe you are correct. That piece does look to be sold with the metal retainer as one part. On ACURA's part description it reads "drip and retainer". Oops, I overlooked that detail.:smile:

-DREW-

I got all the parts to do mine but its sitting on the shelf,
I have not had mine on for almost 2 years cant even tell its not there.

looked to hard to do soap water etc.etc glue rubber crap sealant

I would rather drop an engine than do this LOL

Back