• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Any other BMW M3 owners from the past, present in here? I keep coming back...hehe

I've owned almost every iteration of the BMW M3 except the E30 which is actually one of my favorite cars. A college buddy had one in the mid 90's when we were in school and I was always envious about his little 4 cylinder. At the time I could not afford one and had a Eclipse GSX. Although both cars were 4 cylinders they could not be more different!

I've had the E36, E46, and just a few weeks ago picked up a E90 m3 just for DD duties when I have the kids with me. Love the car and can't complain too much with the new addition to our stable. It does everything well 90% of the time. The M3 replaced another 4-door V8 car, my IS-F and I swear the IS-F is much less thirsty than the M3.

Positives:
- DCT tranny is amazingly fast and smooth (light years ahead of SMG)
- Chassis and brakes are near perfect for balance and feel
- Steering wheel is so meaty I can hold it forever!
- Seats 5 if needed and fits my kids Recaro perfectly
- Fold down seats means I can still carry paintings and one kid at the same time
- Exterior lines are the meanest of any sedan
- V8 exhaust note with the Akrapovic is harmonious

Negatives:
- Still dislike the iDrive compared to Lexus touchscreen
- No backup cam, has the ancient PDC beep beep
- Super thirsty for fuel, computer shows 14.5 mpg (and this is light footed driving)
- BMW Service can learn a few things from Lexus still

But the best part of this car is that I can share the fun driving experience with my kids which ranks at the top of my list these days :cool:

Siblings sharing garage space!
ADC4AE6E-E208-4BA9-941A-421E080B8255-6248-000004C1B65DD06B_zps6b1e6a6b.jpg

wow i want a E90

here is my contribution...its little 4 banger but hella fun to drive...and I think it looks better than most cars out on the road today

zaid

3348f1d8.jpg

I Traded my e90 M3 in for a e90 335i with upgraded every m3 suspension parts and tune. Drives almost with the same balance, much faster (around 400hp and 400+tqs), and much more economical in terms of mpg. I average around 21mpg with around 80% city driving. =D find someone with similar and try it out! You'll be amazed. Only down side is that the turbos are expected to get shot much fast haha.

I have a e36 which I use for a track car. I had one in the 90s but it is also a well balanced track car.

MK9_3327_zpsca3bbde6.jpg

MKS_6844_zpsbc256ec4.jpg

It is one of the best bangs for your buck for a track car which is why you see so many out there every weekend.

Last edited:
Prior 2x 05 M3 owner. Still my all-time favorite all-around perfect car. IMO it was a good balancing point between sport and luxury.

I would love a E30 but it's too late for that, they're wayyyy to expensive now and if I ever build a all out track car again it will more than likely be a E36.

The e30 M3 is so beautiful. To me, it's the best looking M3 followed closely by the E46 M3.

wow i want a E90

here is my contribution...its little 4 banger but hella fun to drive...and I think it looks better than most cars out on the road today

zaid

3348f1d8.jpg

wow i want a E90

zaid

3348f1d8.jpg

That would be a perfect E30 if it was white :) haha j/k! Love that little car - you have a very nice garage stable there Zaid!

Seems like all of us NSX owners have great taste in German cars. E46 is one of my favorites too and miss mine. Before I got the E90 M3, I thought the C63 AMG had the worst gas consumption but now I'm not so sure. At least the m3 styling looks better, my opinion of course.

I remember in the early 2000's I was trying to get my hands on a e36 lightweight but those are hard to come by and not cheap.

Still looking for the QX56 SUV, going to pick it up later this year. The m3 is meant to replace my ISF :)

Very nice S4Play!! I love the E90 and would like to eventually own one..

I have had many M3's in the last 10 years... I actually traded my immaculate Helrot Red 95' E36 M3 coupe plus cash $$ for my NSX 10 years back.

I currently own a Dakar 95' Coupe OBD1 that I just finished a FULL restoration on, with a full cosmetic LTW conversion... paint/body/suspension/wheels/tires/interior. The car is like new. Here's some pics:

3_zps6ac69a07.jpg

IMG_2766.jpg

IMG_2790.jpg

IMG_2786.jpg

I miss my E46 everyday but when I find the right NSX, I'm sure I won't miss it too much. Dream garage would be an E46 & NSX at the same time.

PC090307.jpg

I miss my E46 everyday but when I find the right NSX, I'm sure I won't miss it too much. Dream garage would be an E46 & NSX at the same time.

There's many things I miss about the M3 that the NSX doesn't have. On the top of that list is throttle response. At one point I had the ITR/M3/NSX and I had to choose to get rid of one of them, definitely not an easy call.

@nsxot1c - beautiful work on the LTW replica.

Nice cars, terrible gas mileage, DCT at low speed - very jerky & unpredictable. Getting expensive for a 3 series.

M3.jpg

E46 is the best looking 3 series at anytime since the lines flowed well.

The current model had so many conflicting lines like a RX-8 and many other modern cars that just simply ran outta design ideas.

The prior models were too square and unfinished looking.

The E46 also had the flared out fender lips to give it that "worked out at a gym" look.

But the current M3 has the best sounding exhaust thanks to a proper engine = V8

There's many things I miss about the M3 that the NSX doesn't have. On the top of that list is throttle response. At one point I had the ITR/M3/NSX and I had to choose to get rid of one of them, definitely not an easy call.

Supercharge it and/or weight reduction. Of course that's pricey on the NSX.

Chris Harris recently said the E46 M3 is the perfect car and enthusiasts should pick one up (in manual, with 18"s and heated seats, haha)

Oh my...another white car? ;)

Would love to get an e30 M3. Last time I looked decent examples were trading in the 30k range. Not getting white though. :p

Very nice S4Play!! I love the E90 and would like to eventually own one..
IMG_2786.jpg

I love your e36 M3 ~ dakar yellow is one of my favorite colors and that wing is the exact one I would use too! Would you ever consider selling it?

PC090307.jpg

I had the e46 m3 and NSX for a while, great combo of utility and weekend sport car. Should never have sold the E46 m3 which I replaced with an IS-F at the time...

I'm a long time owner of a 46M. It's a keeper like the NSX. One of the best all-around cars IMO. Here's a link to the pictures:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/126319-Unofficial-Rio-Yellow-Thread

[Even though these pics are on Prime, I can't copy in the image URL because it says they're too large. Weird]

Love it, beautiful ride! you guys all have super nice M3's!

Nice cars, terrible gas mileage, DCT at low speed - very jerky & unpredictable. Getting expensive for a 3 series.
M3.jpg

Agreed on all counts, I bought mine used from a friend so paid a very fair price but I agree at new prices it's $$$. The two extra cylinders in the E9x sounds great but we definitely pay for it at the gas pump. My computer says 14.5 mpg and the this is when I am driving it very sparingly like a grandma. I think if pushed hard it would be down closer to 10 mpg which is in the super car range. Heck the GTR with all it's mighty performance my buddy still gets 18mpg :( In this case 6 is better than 8....

For the E90 m3, I really wanted a speed yellow or dakar yellow (both are impossible to find used since those are individual colors) so I settled for white. My garage stable definitely could use some color. We have 6 white cars and 1 silver ~ very boring :(

here's my NSX/M3, the car did have beautiful muscular lines and the 6-speed manual is the way to go! I went DCT this time for wifey but it's not as much fun though faster:
davidgoliath.jpg

buttshots.jpg

Last edited:
.....The two extra cylinders in the E9x sounds great but we definitely pay for it at the gas pump. My computer says 14.5 mpg and the this is when I am driving it very sparingly like a grandma. I think if pushed hard it would be down closer to 10 mpg which is in the super car range. Heck the GTR with all it's mighty performance my buddy still gets 18mpg :( In this case 6 is better than 8....

All the reasons why I have my GTO.

Freeway cruising is almost 30MPGs

Average city and freeway with WOT burst every now and then to release stress on a 550rwhp Supercharged engine is right at 20MPGs.

City it around 15MPGs (yea, it's tough not hammering it).

When it comes to V8s, the Americans (especially GM) just do it far better than any of the foreigners in delivering stupid power and yet very reasonable MPGs at cruise.

Supercharge it and/or weight reduction. Of course that's pricey on the NSX.

This is the current internal battle with the insane CTSC group buy going on right now. I've thought about going back to the E46 numerous times. I have a feeling that CTSC will be the correct amount of power that I've been looking for it to have though.

I have owned my '99 M3 Convertible for about three years. Really enjoy putting the top down and taking it for a long ride down the Natchez Trace (as well as some of the curvy side roads off the Trace).

029-3.jpg

I have owned my '99 M3 Convertible for about three years. Really enjoy putting the top down and taking it for a long ride down the Natchez Trace (as well as some of the curvy side roads off the Trace).

029-3.jpg

Mike.
You have great taste in cars! Love the vert there.
BTW...my wife still loves the Z32 we got from you (in a way).

Ugh, you guys... stop it with the pictures!!

I am ALWAYS googling Techno Violet E36s for sale - to match my purple NSX, of course...

Loved your E46 Will.... looked great!!

Yes I may consider selling it... I've put alot of time and money to get it where it is but have too many cars!!

I love your e36 M3 ~ dakar yellow is one of my favorite colors and that wing is the exact one I would use too! Would you ever consider selling it?

Back