• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Any owners in Charlotte? I think I found my NSX!

Long story made short, I think I found my NSX. It is a 91' silver 5 speed with 90,000 miles, timing belt and water pump replaced. The car has been owned by two women, the seller having it since 37,000 miles.

I ran a carfax and the only issue is an accident that the first owner had involving the front bumper- I called the dealer where it was repaired and actually talked with the mechanic who has worked on the car for the past 15 years. He indicated that the front bumper was the only thing replaced, no frame damage, the radiator wasn't even replaced.

The car just came out of a PPI (in fact, it may still be at the dealer)

We agreed on the price of 19,500$

So, before I make the flight to Charlotte from Atlanta, I would love for someone's trained eye to take a look (Of course I'll compensate you for your time, either in beer or cash :)) The only thing that I am not certain of is the snap-ring transmission issue, I have the VIN, and the service manager said that the system didn't show any recall or open items, but I am not entirely sure if the snap ring issue would show up in his system.

Hopefully my search has ended, but I am still in the due diligence process now and don't want to miss anything :)

I'm in Charlotte, and will look at the car, no problem. I'm not an expert, but I'll give you my honest opinion.

Sounds like one hell of a deal.

Hurry up and get this NSX (if it is a perfect fit for you) and bring it back to Atlanta just in time for our 4/24/10 event. (check the Atlanta section)

Good luck and keep us posted!

Chad this sounds like one hell of a deal. i wouldn't screw around wondering about this too much man. Go ahead and get it - you talked to the mechanic that has been maintaining this thing for years - I mean what else do you need. You could invest 5k in this and it would still be a good deal! Oh and it's silver too!

Chandler,

Hope this works out. As we discussed this is a great car and from what I could see it is a heck of a deal for the car. There seems to be no visible body damage and nothing that you could not through a few dollars to get right. I needs a bath but that is about it besides a few cosmetic things to get a correct vehicle.

Well bought!

Good luck and post pictures when you get it where you want it!

Back