• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Any reason NOT to look at this car?

That one looks clean from th pics.....also with the mileage seems to be driven more daily or at least a few days a week. I think you can negotiate for a lower price with the miles but since they are discontinued now they might not budge on it.

Have you seen the King of Cars? or something like that its a documentary of a Las Vegas dealership and how they sell cars.......its hilarious.......well good luck......if you can get the car in the low 60s then you've done good. And if you can get it for the 50s then you have done really good.

This is a dealership so you don't have to worry about any scams, just make sure you call them to verify the ad.

I figure a dealership in Vegas might have some impulsive buyers and sellers. Suddenly flush with cash, a winning gambler wants a flashy car.

The opposite is a gambler has a big loss, is suddenly poor and needs to sell their flashy car.... ??

The absolute least they could do is the 36,000 mile service. I would hit them hard on any services that have not been done..They really won't be out much but time and a few fluids.

hofffam said:
I figure a dealership in Vegas might have some impulsive buyers and sellers. Suddenly flush with cash, a winning gambler wants a flashy car.

The opposite is a gambler has a big loss, is suddenly poor and needs to sell their flashy car.... ??

Haha yeah thats true...........but ask them about the 30k service and make sure you have them guarantee the car has not been in any accidents. Good luck.

Whats up with the floor mats being used as a trunk mat? If those are suppose to be up front, aren't the floor mats supposed to be tan? :confused:

Car dealerships put the floor mats upside down or in the trunk, so people do not get them dirty if they sit in the car. As far as it being a different color maybe they lost the tan ones? I would ask for the matching floor mats.

NSX-GUY said:
Don't recall the eBay auction but that guy's whacked. The sign in the window (for some sucker ?) is 70K. For an '03 with 30K+ miles ??? :confused:

There's almost the same car, this time from Florida, on eBay right now witha "buy it now" for 58K. Priced about right if there are no issues ! Just off a 3 year lease and CarFax is clean.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/6-SPEED-MANUAL-TARGA-TOP-NEW-TIRES-ACURA-CERTIFIED_W0QQitemZ140029868585QQihZ004QQcategoryZ5337QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This car has some "minor" paint chips that the dealer has disclosed with photos on EBay. Could someone comment on how 'minor' these appear, how difficult to repair / repaint and if this would be a point of further negotiation from the listed price?
Thanks

The rear bumper looks a bit off on that last car:

35.jpg

21.jpg

wow ok if that is the same car...offer 50k :smile:

NSX-GUY said:
Don't recall the eBay auction but that guy's whacked. The sign in the window (for some sucker ?) is 70K. For an '03 with 30K+ miles ??? :confused:

There's almost the same car, this time from Florida, on eBay right now witha "buy it now" for 58K. Priced about right if there are no issues ! Just off a 3 year lease and CarFax is clean.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/6-SPEED-MANUAL-TARGA-TOP-NEW-TIRES-ACURA-CERTIFIED_W0QQitemZ140029868585QQihZ004QQcategoryZ5337QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
PRICE IS RIDICULOUSLY HIGH!!!!

Totally agree with you NSX-GUY. This dealer's asking price is in left field. I sold a 2004 Yellow/yellow in April (after several months on this site)
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61817
with less than 8k miles, mint, no paint, all service, books records both keys and new tires for $63k to a dealer in Chicago back in April. YEAP!!! seems cheap!!! Ironically, it would be my best and highest offer even thought I had it posted on cars.com, autotrader, NSX PRIME and only getting offers from end users in the $55-60k. The Acura dealers didn't even want the car.:mad:

Furthermore, anyone attempting to sell you on the collectors line, now that the car has been discontinued, will just be robbing you blind. I have been hearing that line for 18 months on Ford GTs. I was once a buyer at $190k ($30K over MSRP at the time), luckily the dealer wanted $195k and we could not come to term thus I moved on to other toys, finally bought a brand new one last Friday at net dealer invoice. :biggrin: A nice chunk of change in savings for another toy to sit in my garage and not some dealer's pocket.

Bottom line, NSXs are not commanding top dollars as they once did. There are many other great cars to be considered now for the same money being asked by newer model (02-05) NSX sellers. The new 2006 z06 in the mid $60s (with 5-8k miles and 2lz package), which I have also purchased and awaiting its arrival, a 2005 Lotus Elise for half the cost of a 2005 NSX, 2005 997S for $60-70k, which I have also owned, and can tell you it is an awesome car and will make the NSX feel dated in all around performance when driven back to back as I have had the opportunity to do as both cars sat in my garage simultaneously.

So, to all NSX buyers I would say, retail prices on any NSX is more realistically NADA trade in value as many Acura dealers are bidding them $2-6k less than trade in value. This matter is a result of Acura having offered $7,500 dealer cash back to help sell units in inventory. In short, if a dealer opted to just blow one out realizing little or no profit, it could be done for as low as $72-73k from the original $90k window sticker. So, logic would follow...... WHY WOULD AN ACURA DEALER PAY MORE FOR A USED ONE WHEN HONDA OFFERED $7,500 TO HELP SELL A NEW UNIT? Which finally was my realization as to the lack of interest in my 2004 by the Acura dealers hence, having to sell it to a secondary market car dealer (non franchised dealer).

For those in a lease intending to see it to the end good for you as you will simply have the option to walk away or purchase at your lease end value if you wish. However, for those those in a lease looking to get out early :eek: you must pay the piper one way or other. Roll your negative equity into another lease or anti up a SHIT load of cash unless you have an assumable lease and someone willing to take it over.

We can fault Honda for the NSX's demise as it has not kept up with the industry horsepower race. While I still love the looks of the NSX, its now only adequate performance, amassing reliability and relatively inexpensive maintenance program, Honda should have bit the bullet and approached Comptech and made the supercharger a standard feature on the NSX. Unfortunately, that has not been the case and all a buyer can do is vote with their pocket book and send a message.

Back