• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Any San Diego NSX Owner available

Yikes!! I doubt I'll be able to help you on this. Bonsall is pretty far out there from most of San Diego, and really off the beaten path. Temecula NSX owners are actually closer.

FuryNSX said:
Yikes!! I doubt I'll be able to help you on this. Bonsall is pretty far out there from most of San Diego, and really off the beaten path. Temecula NSX owners are actually closer.

Mapquest(?) calls it "northern San Diego County" which is why I posted it that way. :redface:

NSX-GUY said:
Mapquest(?) calls it "northern San Diego County"
No, it doesn't; you're misreading their map. Temecula is in Riverside County; the county line is several miles south of town. And Temecula is more than twice as far from San Diego (the city) as it is from Riverside (the city).

If you're serious about the car, arrange with the seller to take it to one of the NSX-experienced Orange County shops (like Autowave or Niguel Motors) to have it inspected. The charges for the inspection are customarily your responsibility.

I think NSX-GUY is referring to Bonsall as being in Northern San Diego county.

Being that it is, it's still pretty far from the San Diego metropolitan area where "most" San Diego NSXers reside. My point is that, although Bonsall is still part of San Diego County, it's still closer to Temecula.

Still, as nsxtasy notes, Niguel Motors is probably the closest qualified NSX shop to inspect that vehicle. Another shop, Applied Motorsports, is actually VERY close to Bonsall, but I don't believe it's available for that time of service.

-Randy

FuryNSX said:

Being that it is, it's still pretty far from the San Diego metropolitan area where "most" San Diego NSXers reside. My point is that, although Bonsall is still part of San Diego County, it's still closer to Temecula.

Still, as nsxtasy notes, Niguel Motors is probably the closest qualified NSX shop to inspect that vehicle. Another shop, Applied Motorsports, is actually VERY close to Bonsall, but I don't believe it's available for that time of service.

-Randy

Exactly right - *somewhere* I read it was in Northern San Diego COUNTY. Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks for the recs though about the shops to inspect it. If I can set a price with the seller I will ask for a PPI at one r the other of these shops.

NSX-GUY said:
Exactly right - *somewhere* I read it was in Northern San Diego COUNTY. Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks for the recs though about the shops to inspect it. If I can set a price with the seller I will ask for a PPI at one r the other of these shops.

I could take a look at it if you like.

I took my NSX but did not park it with the others. Mine was black with the EXC rims and red leather interior.

btw it's for sale in the FS section.

Big_D said:
I could take a look at it if you like.

Thanks very much. I appreciate it (I LOVE this place !!!)

But the seller is waiting til his eBay auction runs its course. I'm thinking he doesn't believe what I've told him about his "BIN" price being WAY off !!!

We'll see what happens when it doesn't sell (and probably won't get a single bid since he started at $60K).

Until we get into the "ballpark" on price I don't see any point in asking anyone to actually look at it.

I will keep you in mind though; thanks again :smile:

Just talked to the seller and it turns out the car is actually in San Marcos, just outside Escondido.

Does that make a difference (for anybody being able to look at it for me) ? :smile:

FuryNSX said:

-Randy

Any chance you can give me Niguel motors address/location/contact info ?

Thanks. :wink:

Actually I just googled it and it came up in Laguna hills/Laguna Niguel and appears to be about 50 miles away from san Marcos. I'm not sure if the seller will take it an hour away from him to have it inspected. Do you think that's an unreasonable request ? If so, is there anywhere closer to San Marcos I can have it checked out ? Would a "regular" Acura dealer be good enough to take a look ?

Would a "regular" Acura dealer be good enough to take a look ?

Hi NSX-GUY,
I had a acura dealer inspect the car i tried to buy. There was no mention of the water in the tail lights, the rust under the hood or the corrosion in the engine compartment. Also on top of the inspection sheet it said the car must be road tested at least 5 miles but the mileage in and out was only 2 miles difference. I was totally disapointed with their inspection, it was a waste of money. I will not use the dealer for this again. If i can't get someone here to look i will just take my chances.

Good luck
mike

The two nearest Acura dealerships to San Marcos are Hoehn Acura in Carlsbad and Kearny Mesa Acura in San Diego.

An independent service center that I'd recommend is Greenlight Auto, which happens to be near Kearny Mesa. I've used Greenlight to service my NSX and TL, as well as use them for a pre-inspetion on a used Civic Si that I was planning on buying. I'm thankful that I did. I believe a pre-purchase inspection from Greenlight is $40.

I agree with FuryNSX. Take it to Jerry at GreenLight Honda. He will do a very good job with the inspection. If you own a NSX in San Diego, Jerry is the man to take it to. Jerry is also on Prime occasionally. He is about 25 miles from San Marcos (25 minutes). I'm guessing the seller is probably more familar with this area then taking it to Niguel.

I wouldn't trust any Acura Dealer in San Diego, they don't work on enough NSX's to know the in's and out's. I'm guessing they don't see too many because Jerry takes all of the NSX business in SD. :biggrin:

Here is his website:
http://www.greenlighthonda.com/topshop/web/web_template/temp1/default.asp?id=311989

NSX-GUY said:
Just talked to the seller and it turns out the car is actually in San Marcos, just outside Escondido.

Does that make a difference (for anybody being able to look at it for me) ? :smile:

No problem, just a couple more miles down the road. Let me know if you work the details out. PM me and I'll give you my cell number. I can take a cursory look at it.

I have taken my car to Jerry at Green Light for service and am pleased with the results. I am pretty sure he can do a PPI.

Big_D said:
No problem, just a couple more miles down the road. Let me know if you work the details out. PM me and I'll give you my cell number. I can take a cursory look at it.

I have taken my car to Jerry at Green Light for service and am pleased with the results. I am pretty sure he can do a PPI.

Big D, thanks very much but I already have a volunteer who's very close as well.

It so happens this car is off lease and the seller is the representative for the lessor. As such, with no personal stake in the car I wonder if he would take it as far as Jerry's for a PPI. I mean it's 1/2 drive there, 1/2 hour back and who knows how long the inspection would take or if he'd be willing to wait. I assume he's got other rhitngs to do and again, not really having any financial interest in the car,,,,,,,,

I see there's an Acura of Escondido, right around the corner from San Marcos. Anybody know if they can do a PPI with reasonably accurate results.

I mean, I'm thinking the main things for a PPI would be......

No paint or bodywork (as best as they can determine).
Proper engine and transmission operation.
All electrical and mechanical items working properly.
No frame damage/repair.
No signs of any tampering with the odometer reading.
Car drives straight and true and within normal limits.

Surely any Acura dealer can do all that stuff, no ? (And I would make sure they look for stuff like engine corrosion, water in the taillights, etc (Thanks comtec ! :wink:)

Appreciate all this help guys. Thanks for all the input. :smile:

Back