• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

any steering repair kit recommendation?

I'm sure someone must have posted something similar, but I couldn't find it so be nice since its a Friday and Thanksgiving is around the corner.

I recently took my car in for an oil change from the dealership like I always do. But this time, I when picked up the car I noticed there were some scratch on the back of the steering wheel. After careful analysis of the tears and tear patterns and my own theory, it looked like it came from someone wearing a ring on their left hang letting the wheel slide through his hand after doing a hard turn while systemmatically grabbing and releashing the wheel. You can see the scratch pattern starting as big marks and then gradually decrease. I was upset but I didn't make a big deal. Now whenever I drive, I can feel the annoying scratches on my fingers. Sorry I don't have any pictures to show you but I'm sure we all seen scratches on steering wheels before, right?

Anyway, I found a few steering wheel repair kits on the net, but I prefer asking my fellow NSX owners what they recommend. I don't want to see my black, shinny, soft steering wheel get damaged in the long run. Thanks.

-MR

Back