• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Any Traffic Lawyers in SOCAL or know one that can appear on my behalf for a good pric

Denver, Colorado; Los Angeles, CA & Bangkok Thaila
I'm NOT GUILTY. Court date is set for June 6th, which I will be away in Thailand.

Cop put down that I was going 90mph. I wasn't going more than 75mph. I did accelerate really quick when entering the freeway and quickly moved into the car pool lane from Tustin Ranch exit onto the freeway I-5 and got pulled over right at the Jamboree exit, which is the next exit to Tustin Ranch. What BS.

I know the car attracts cops. I have no front/rear plates. Exhaust is loud. Car is a coupe and I was running in the car pool lane. I know they will be gunning for me.

Point is I haven't had a speeding ticket since 1996 when I got thrown in jail for wreckless driving. But that was when I was 19. I'm 28 now and I take pride in having real real low insurance now after that stupid mistake when I was a kid, never been convicted of a single speeding ticket after that. My younger sister was sitting with me and trust me she is constantly looking at my speedometer to make sure I'm within the speed limit.

I asked the cop to show me proof that I was going 90mph. I was staring at my speedometer at 75mph before I switched in to 5th gear. I know for sure I was not going over that. He said he left his speed detector on and it wasn't clocked.

I know cops like to base speeds of cars off of their speed they are running to catch up with the car. I entered I-5 for not even a 30 seconds from my house exit Tustin Ranch and got pulled over before I even hit the Jamboree exit and got pulled over. I'm sure he had to be going at least 90mph to catch up with me. And that is what he based my speed of.

Short things short, I don't think they have a case against me. My sister was in the car as my witness. She is willing to appear in court as a witness. Even she was laughing because she warned me not to be driving the NSX until I got my plates. But I had insurance, temporary registration, and smog and I was on my way to drop the NSX to the shop to fix what horrible work Wet Works Garage has done on the paint plus install of some other goodies.

I saw a billboard sign that says "call us to appear in court on your behalf if you have got a ticket while visiting....yaddah yaddah yaddah.

There should be some lawyers here on Prime. Thanks for any help.:smile:

Re: Any Traffic Lawyers in SOCAL or know one that can appear on my behalf for a good pric

Sorry to hear about your ticket, I know that feeling, especailly when you feel the citation is unjust.
You might try John Farris, he is a traffic attorney in OC, there are countless good reviews about him on Ferrari, Supra, RX-7, Porsche forums.

Here are detailed information:
http://www.nsxfiles.com/pulptickets.htm

Jason

Re: Any Traffic Lawyers in SOCAL or know one that can appear on my behalf for a good pric

check out ticketassasin.com they have all sorts of helpful info

Hope you'll find a good lawyer to get you off of that ticket. I just got a ticket myself 2 days ago for making a left turn and almost hit a police car (the light just turned green and the cop's car was flying thru the intersection)!!!

redat9 said:
check out ticketassasin.com they have all sorts of helpful info
Even better website for CA people: http://www.helpigotaticket.com/

I've gotten one ticket dismissed by trial by declaration already. If you can do it, I'd highly recommend trying (you can always go to court later if it doesn't work, plus, you don't have to be present on your court dates as you're representing yourself in your declaration which can be mailed in).

Back