• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Any twisty deserted road in Chicago?

ak

Legendary Member
I'm tired of taking on ramps hard...I can only find right turn ramps!!! Anyone know of any twisty road around chicago??

I'm tired of taking on ramps hard...I can only find right turn ramps!!! Anyone know of any twisty road around chicago??

There's a nice twisty road just over a hundred miles away. The NSX Club is going to have a group drive on it this fall. Click here for an aerial photograph of it.

Seriously, there isn't much around Chicago. There are the "ravines", a heavily-patrolled half-mile stretch of Sheridan Road along the lakefront in the northern suburbs. There are twisty roads in lots of suburban neighborhoods with kids running out into the street. Both of which are not appropriate for obvious reasons. Once you get out into the country, the roads are straight, following the township grid that was set up across the Midwest the century before last.

The nearest great driving roads that I know of - that are worth bothering to drive to - are all several hours away, in Wisconsin and in Southern Indiana. This is a downside of living in Chicago. The upside is that there are 6-8 excellent racetracks within four hours drive. Perfect place to take your car out to unwind. Try a day at GingerMan with CGI Motorsports - lots of track time for not a lot of money...

If you go to the Lemont area there are some decent roads. There are some nice twisties and the area is fairly hilly too. Unfortunatly, I have not found a very long stretch of twisties. I would name some roads, but, I can not remember the names of any. I am not familiar with the area and I have only been there a few times.

Back