• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anybody interested in Trade for 04 G35c 6spd?

Pretty close. I was involved in a head on collision with a drunk driver. My first G35 was totaled, and I ended up getting a 04 with more options, cuz I always regretted not getting the navigation. Back then I just wanted to restore my status, get me back the car I had before. That's why I got the same car... plus those of you who've been in an accident in a brand new car know how it feels. You just want it back.

But then now, my girlfriend is thinking of getting a MB E320 and I think I can get a straight out sports car instead of a sports coupe. I haven't decided on anything and probably wont trade until my girlfriend gets her car first. I just wanna see who are interested, so I can chat with them and learn what NSX drivers are thinking.

I still love my G35c though. Not tryin to get rid of it or anything. Just love the NSX a little more. That's all :)

Sorry to hear your car got trashed. The new one is a beauty. Goodluck with the NSX.

Gookus - I went from a 2003 G35 Coupe 6MT with aero package, silver w/black interior, to my 95 NSX-T. I had my G as a 3rd car (toy) and I wanted something more "purpose built", so I went to the X, and I've never regretted it, even though I thought the G was one sweet little ride, especially the exhaust note. And how about those Brembos with the gold calipers?

It felt weird to go from a brand new car to a car that was 8 years old, but the sensation is night and day, and I'm glad I made the change. Good luck to you in doing the same....you should have no problem finding a buyer for the G, because the 6MT is still in short supply.

Joel and NetViper,

Thanks for your compliments! I actually remember NetViper's name from when I was lurking around this forum a few years ago. I was fresh out of highschool back then and the NSX being my dream car, I used to hang around on this forum a lot.

Anyway, hopefully, if things work out well, I can really join this forum as a NSX driver, and not just an admirer.

Oh and I don't have that great of pictures of my new car. It's been snowing in Pittsburgh for the past months and my car is really dirty. Next time I wash my car, I'll try to take some pics so I can post them.

GookusMaximus said:
For you nonbelievers, here are my proof. I don't know why I always have so much trouble getting people to believe me on NSXprime :(

My previous car. The last two pics are the wrecked pics. Hurts to even look at it...

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4290473235

And my new car. Still brand new

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4287662969

Your first car looked pretty bad, i can believe you came out ok,
but gald to see you were not hurt bad and that you got a new one.

That is a sweet ride, as i too was thinking about one.
after driving a x, I fell in love....

nsxchi-town,

I walked out fine. G35coupe is a very safe car. I have to say it saved my life in the accident. All the airbags deployed, but I did not even feel the airbags. The material was very soft. The only injury is to my golf arm, since I raised my left arm covering my face when I felt like he was going to drive right into me.

Anyway back to my dilema,

My first G35c was bought by my father under my name. The second G35c was bought by the insurance Payoff from total loss. But due to the depreciation in value and adding more options to the second car, I had to finance the rest and I now have a debt of about $6000. I am a full time college student living off my parents allowance, and trying to repay the $6000 was not as easy as I thought. I paid around $38K for the second G35 without tax, and I'm guessing its value should still be at least $35K.

That's where the NSX comes in. I am hoping to find a sub $35K NSX so I can reduce my payments and and at the same time own my dream car at an early age. I thought it would be a good idea, until I came apon a thread where NSX owners were trying to talk somebody out of buying a NSX at such a young age. That it could be costly in terms of maintanance and what not. It is true that I would have a hard time in terms of finance when a component of the car malfunctions.

Anyway, Now I'm just rambling :D. Any inputs from older wiser members would be appreciated. But please try to understand my situation in terms of College student thinking :D Thanks. Maybe I shouldn't have written so much on this specidic thread. ?

Back