• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anybody recognize these seat rails/brackets?

I purchased a Recaro TS-G ASM from Japan and they included these rails and brackets. I searched for the part number on the powered seat motor subharness and traced it to an NSX. The brackets are quality aluminum and are contoured specifically for the rails and the powered seat switch assembly. It appears the brackets are universal left/right and have seatbelt mounts for either side, but the bracket looks specifically for the US passenger or JDM driver. Also I believe the long metal bars in the last pic might be designed to work with manual rails, but I am just taking a guess. Any information anyone can shed on them would be helpful so I can determine what to do with them. Thanks!

image3.JPG

image2.jpg

image4.JPG

image5.JPG

image6.JPG

image7.jpg

image8.JPG

image9.JPG

image1.jpg

Attachments

• Photo Apr 07, 12 08 14 PM.jpg
    Photo Apr 07, 12 08 14 PM.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 140
They're factory off factory seats that someone customized.

That's a score.... Love the tsg seats.

Hey Chris, so you believe the brackets are custom for the factory rails? They seem pretty intricate for custom, do you think there is any value to them?

Yessir. I have seen quite a few of factory power rails and that's certainly what they appear to be to me. It seems as if someone made the aluminum L brackets to mount to the sides of the custom seats.

I do think anyone with an NSX would have interest if they have side mount aftermarket seats. Many members complain about losing the "power" factor when switching out oem seats.

That front to back switch also appears custom/made off an oem part somewhere somehow.

I would be more inclined to believe they are made specifically for these seats as an aftermarket option over a custom-made bracket. The angles and contours of the aluminum to both the rails and power switch are too perfect, and the detail on the speed hole cutouts are too intricate to be a one-off to me. Maybe they are just one of many brackets available for the chassis in Japan. But who knows, perhaps someone with access to a CNC cut them out, stamped the angles, tooled the screw holes for the powered switch mount and slapped them on. Either way, that still leaves the question of what something like this is worth. They are certainly nicer than most aftermarket brackets I see available for the NSX.

Nice but will mean the seat is positioned a bit high, maybe as high or higher than standard seat but ok for the vertically challenged..

I'm not sure how accurate of an in-car measurement it would be, but with the brackets on the ground the butt of the seat is about 1.25" off the ground. I'm not sure how much lower it could go.

unnamed.jpg

This looks like a great mod. I do agree with NSXGB's comment re the concern about height. My Pole Positions are resting on the floor now. This looks like it might sit at least 1-1.5" higher than that. Unfortunately, at that point my helmet would make contact with the ceiling. Would work great for someone shorter than 5'10" I think or something with shorter torso.

Pretty cool part.

Back