• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone else ordering an AR today?

This one caught me by surprise but maybe it shouldn't have. Ordering one today as soon as I can find the local Stag Arms dealer.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/story?id=6960824&page=1

"The Obama administration will seek to reinstate the assault weapons ban that expired in 2004 during the Bush administration, Attorney General Eric Holder said today."

Crap! I knew I should have bought one sooner. I know where I can get one for Colt AR for $1400.
I guess I should go get it?

Already getting hard to find ammo in some places, or they're charging huge amounts for it.
I'm not worried. No one will invade us.

223 has been harder to acquire and more expensive ever since the Iraq war began.

Seems a lot of ARs are on back order and the local shop is having a hard time finding the specific one I want. Anyone know who the Stag Arms dealer are in Oklahoma? I've emailed and called Stag but they say they won't be able to get that info to me until tomorrow.

Recommendations? :confused:

I prefer the ar10. Best multi-purpose rifle IMO. 223 is great too.

He's going to tax the $hit out of everything. Why? As soon as treasury bonds/bills offerings start slowing down (they will as global savings glut clears aka china/japan) the interest rate on this debt over the next 2-3 years will climb significantly. Borrowing at 1% is one thing. 4-16% is a different story. He'll have to tax cigarettes, alcohol, ammunition, guns, hunting, anything republicans do since they just have to suck it up and get owned for the next few years.

223 has been harder to acquire and more expensive ever since the Iraq war began.

Seems a lot of ARs are on back order and the local shop is having a hard time finding the specific one I want. Anyone know who the Stag Arms dealer are in Oklahoma? I've emailed and called Stag but they say they won't be able to get that info to me until tomorrow.

Why would you buy a STAG anything :confused:
You have an NSX. In the gun world a STAG would be a Kia :smile:

Jeff, you AR snob. ;) Bullsh*t - Stag's shoot great and are rock solid reliable. Besides, I'm a lefty and they make a left handed version.

Lol.

I have 2 shotguns.

Work great for in close fighting (I.E. home defense)

...and you can ACTUALLY hunt with them as well. (imagine that!) Not to mention you can go shoot trap/skeet and have fun/hone your skills without breaking the bank.

"Ain't nobody a badass with a double-dose of rock salt dug deep in her tits" :)

(ammo is cheap and comes in varieties)

AR's are about as useful as a tank in your front yard. You guys with hard ons for assault rifles have watched too many Rambo movies.

Buy a .40 or 10mm handgun for backup if you must. I have long gotten rid of my 9mm, although that's not a *bad* choice for overall peace of mind, there are better things out there.

Last edited:
Lol.

I have 2 shotguns.

Work great for in close fighting (I.E. home defense)

...and you can ACTUALLY hunt with them as well. (imagine that!) Not to mention you can go shoot trap/skeet and have fun/hone your skills without breaking the bank.

"Ain't nobody a badass with a double-dose of rock salt dug deep in her tits" :)

(ammo is cheap and comes in varieties)

AR's are about as useful as a tank in your front yard. You guys with hard ons for assault rifles have watched too many Rambo movies.

Buy a .40 or 10mm handgun for backup if you must. I have long gotten rid of my 9mm, although that's not a *bad* choice for overall peace of mind, there are better things out there.

Great Post! I don't understand why people but AR's for "home defense"; sure they look scary but a .223 is a small bullet for close range. Get a nice 12 gauge with a skeet choke and that is some scary stuff. About the same size as an AR and you only need a couple of shots. Plus you can have fun hitting moving targets like skeet with it.

I have a friend who just "gunned up"; bought two .223 AR rifles; and three 9mm semi-auto hand guns. I am totally confused as to why. Each rifle has a 30 shell magazine, does he need to take down an army? He just would not listen when I told him to get a shotgun and if he really wanted to go overboard get a 9mm.

I predict there will be a lot of used AR rifles in three years going cheap.

True enough. We had a burgler in our house when I was a kid and my dad shot the ceiling (one story ranch home) with a shotgun and the burgler broke an ankle after fleeing post haste.

However, I like ARs and though I don't intend to use it for home defense, they're a lot of fun to shoot and there seems to be certain liklihood that they'll be banned in the near future (which is what the thread topic was about). Plus my wife can easily shoot it as well.

My wife with a .40 couldn't hit a barn broadside. Knowing that I shy away from recommending calibers and certain weapons for home defense without knowing user specifics. But that's just me. ;)

Not everyone buys an AR for home defense. There are lots of reasons to own a gun. It just so happens that ARs are a lot of fun to shoot. They are good for defending other things as well, like your freedom.

Not everyone buys an AR for home defense. There are lots of reasons to own a gun. It just so happens that ARs are a lot of fun to shoot. They are good for defending other things as well, like your freedom.

Fair enough; I should have put that caveat in there. They don't call the .223 varmint killers for nothing.

I did have a blast running through that 30 rounds when testing my friends new rifle and seriously consider buying one for fun. I apparently got my mind on the track that people were buying ARs for home defense. Sorry for the thread drift.

Good news: model 2TL is ordered.

model-2tl.gif

Bad news: in 6-8 months I may actually get my hands on it. :( I knew they were backordered but not like this.

Time to start picking up some magazines and ammo. What's the consensus on good mags?

model-2tl.gif

Bad news: in 6-8 months I may actually get my hands on it. :( I knew they were backordered but not like this.

Time to start picking up some magazines and ammo. What's the consensus on good mags?

Not bad...daamn obama, Ammo is costing like .25 cents to shoot .40! Lucky for me I don't own a AR..kinda of overkill for me but I do love the SKS riffles..

I don't see a need to own a AR, I rather buy a Benelli first.

model-2tl.gif

Why is that gun taking 6 months to get.:confused: Is it because it's left handed?

Stags are very good value buy. I disagree with Jeff when he says Stag = Kia. Stag = NSX. There are many other brands that are not as good.

Noveske, Colt, LMT are considered the higher-end of the AR15.

Stags are completely backordered as you already know. They just got a huge government contract and law enforcement contracts to fill. If their guns are crap, I doubt they would be ordering so many from them.

I have a Stag 2HT myself. It shoots great. There customer service and warranty is one of the best. Lifetime warranty.

Last edited:
Back