• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone else ordering an AR today?

I prefer the ar10. Best multi-purpose rifle IMO. 223 is great too.

Darn i've been waiting for LMT to make there new AR-10. There's an LMT CQB Monolithic AR-15 for sale NIB where i live for $1,600 but i wanted the AR-10. If that ban happens i may have to settle for the LMT CQB AR-15 like this one.

CQB16_large.jpg

Yep, LMT is nice. I'd like to get the Sopmod for one of my rifles.

Ponyboy, I know you said you "purchased" already. I don't know if that means you were put on a list or if you paid in full or what ever, but there is a dealer on AR15.com who moves a lot of Stag, RRA and LMT stuff. He has really good prices and he actually has a group buy going on a Stag complete rifle kit, which means everything except the lower receiver.

I don't know if you've heard of him or not, but I've purchased a few items from him and he is good to go. He might be a little "rough" when you talk to him but he does business and will come through. Maybe give him a call. He might have a better lead time than what you have now.

Here's the thread. http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=121&t=636628&page=1

Most people go with either a Red-dot system or an ACOG for optics.

For Red-dot system, get either a Aimpoint or a EOTech. But they have many models to choose from.

If you don't mind spending the money, get a Trijicon ACOG system. The optics are amazingly clear.

Most people go with either a Red-dot system or an ACOG for optics.

For Red-dot system, get either a Aimpoint or a EOTech. But they have many models to choose from.

If you don't mind spending the money, get a Trijicon ACOG system. The optics are amazingly clear.
I'm currently using Eotec 553, but recently had the chance to use a friends C-More red dot and was very impressed for the money.
http://www.cmore.com/sights.html

Ponyboy, I know you said you "purchased" already.

The dealer called Stag and placed the order for my rifle. They only required a 10% non-refundable deposit ($110). He also stated that the Stag orders are said to be 6-8 months but that it's usually 2-3 months (which, from what I'm told, is about the industry norm). So Stag has my order but that just means they have my name, the model that I want, and a spot in the queue.

...but there is a dealer on AR15.com who moves a lot of Stag, RRA and LMT stuff. He has really good prices and he actually has a group buy going on a Stag complete rifle kit, which means everything except the lower receiver...

Thanks! I'll definitely check the thread out and take a look at the guy. If I can get most of what I need from him, I'd be much closer than where I'm at now. Thanks again!

I just noticed that your location also says Santa Maria, CA. If you live in CA and plan on having the AR15 here, then you better be aware of CA guns laws. You can land in serious trouble.

CA has the strictest gun laws in the country for private citizens.

In CA:
- You have to have a bullet button for the mag release or it is considered an assault rifle if you have any of the evil features: pistol grip, collapsible stock, forward grip, flash hinder, etc. The bullet button will not make it legal, but it doesn't make it illegal either. It is a grey area.

- Ten round mags only unless they are pre-banned. But you have to have it in your possession before the ban. You can not buy them or have someone give it to you. Only exception is if your Parents gave them to you.

- Certain strip lowers are banned here. Stags are OK.

- No full auto or 3 round burst allowed.

No worries - I live in OK and have property near Santa Maria, Oceano, Arroyo Grande, and the San Luis Obispo area. Well aware that CA has very strict gun control laws.

Oklahoma is on the other extreme - thank God. Thanks for the word of caution though!

Well, I just bought another stripped lower. A POF 308 receiver. Now I have that on top of these three incompletes. I need to finish these before they get banned or something.
IMGP3620.jpg

I'm all ready for the ban...lol!

Attachments

• CIMG2049.jpg
    CIMG2049.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 391
  • CIMG2044.jpg
    CIMG2044.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 77
  • AR15 2.jpg
    AR15 2.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 81
  • Ar15LR.jpg
    Ar15LR.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 73
Man, you guys are tough. The scope is a Bushnell red dot that I popped on there since I had an extra. The eye relief is not an issue especially the M1A shoots like a dream. I just zeroed it in at 200 yds just to have quick acquisiton to pop a few rounds downrange when I get a chance. My rifles are in Texas and I live in NYC so I don't get to shoot it often. Still trying to decide what kind of optic I really want to mount on it, but until then, it will do.

Man, you guys are tough. The scope is a Bushnell red dot that I popped on there since I had an extra. The eye relief is not an issue especially the M1A shoots like a dream. I just zeroed it in at 200 yds just to have quick acquisiton to pop a few rounds downrange when I get a chance. My rifles are in Texas and I live in NYC so I don't get to shoot it often. Still trying to decide what kind of optic I really want to mount on it, but until then, it will do.

ACOG:
TA31F-G.jpg

Bushnell red dot:
opticsplanet_2043_14388236

:confused::smile::eek::confused:

I'm all ready for the ban...lol!

Dude, looks like your ready for zombies!

It looks like your shotgun and handgun in that pic is home protection?

What kind of semi-shotgun is it?...you make my lonely sig 229 like childs play.

That shotgun is a special one. Saw it at the gun shop and fell in love. Its a Berretta 1201fp. Amazing shotgun especially for home protection. Of all my guns, my Sig 228 is my favorite by far. I think its the best pistol every made...period.

Dude, looks like your ready for zombies!

It looks like your shotgun and handgun in that pic is home protection?

What kind of semi-shotgun is it?...you make my lonely sig 229 like childs play.

In Maryland we can only purchase 1 gun handgun per month unless you are a registered collector. I sent in my paperwork 6 months ago and have yet to hear back about it. Since then, I have been purchasing my 1 handgun per month and a buttload of ammo. I pretty much have my gun safe full, but will find room for another 1 or 2.

Saw this on another forum

Ammo comes out to $8 per box of 20 rounds. Shipping was $19.95 for my 2 orders of 600 (although I had to pay sales tax since they have locations in Texas).

Cabelas

Awesome, thanks! Just ordered 300.

I went to Bass Pro last week and they were almost totally out of 223.

FYI - It's about $8.00/box if you ordered the bulk of 600.

A bulk order of 300 makes it $8.67/box

Back