• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone else pulling their car out today?

Since the weather looked good today and tomorrow... hooked up the battery and bam it fired right up without the slightest hesitation! I hadn't started it since Oct/Nov when I put it away so I was pleasantly surprised at how well simply disconnecting the battery works ;-)

Since I've been driving an SUV all winter long I forgot how low this car was! Man, what a rush when I finally got a chance to let her rip on the highway... my heart was pounding! The car just sounds so fricking amazing. I think I'm going to have a permanent grin on my face all day today!

Anyone else pulling their car out in TO? Just watch out for the cold pavement... easy to lose traction!

Oh I hate you for poasting that Arshad!!

April 3rd for me out here in the snow belt. The roads in my neighbourhood look horrible...cracks, ripples, grit and trash in the gutters. I'm almost afraid of bottoming out in the M3.

I have to say I'm tempted, but I like some of those April showers to come and wash away the salt. :rolleyes:

I cant believe that I was convinced to store mine in a gay bath house all winter!

Said owner of the GBH, Stu, also known as Red on this forum, IS NO WHERE TO BE FOUND. He is probably doing acts of gayness on and in my car as I type this!

Good luck with the pitting from the zillion salt rocks and road grime still out there. Drive the 407 and view the white strips of salt lining the shoulders and you'll see why most are still inside. Rain will wash away most of that and shouldn't be long now.

Mine is OUT!

It was stored at Mosport in Stu's gay bath house up there.

Aside from a pair of assless chaps that I found inside it, the palm prints on the rear hatch and the disco ball hanging from its mirror, it was all good.

Once I rinsed all Stus gayness off, it was as good as new! It fired right up and the proceeded to kick ass!

Oh I hate you for poasting that Arshad!!

April 3rd for me out here in the snow belt. The roads in my neighbourhood look horrible...cracks, ripples, grit and trash in the gutters. I'm almost afraid of bottoming out in the M3.
hey body hope to run wit you soon im gone a go for my first ride today !! maybe going to Kinston !!

Good luck with the pitting from the zillion salt rocks and road grime still out there. Drive the 407 and view the white strips of salt lining the shoulders and you'll see why most are still inside. Rain will wash away most of that and shouldn't be long now.

Hey Shawna... IT'S JUST A CAR!! :)

Seriously though, I usually wait until there is a good rainfall to wash away the salt too, but the roads that I go on are in very good shape right now -- no salt and road grime unless you like driving on the shoulder! I suppose some people like to baby their cars and won't even take it out in the rain -- different strokes for different folks. I like driving mine as much as possible, and my paint takes more of a beating from summer driving with rock chips etc

Dave: Glad to hear you're back on the road and managed to get the ..uh.. gayness all off ;)

Ours came out of storage today.

Needs lots of TLC on little things I ignored at the end of last year.

But it's good to have her back in the garage...

I was in the GTA this weekend and spotted a Red pre-'02 style with what looked like gunmetal rims on Hwy 7 and Markham rd. Anyone?

Took the car for spring tune up 2 weeks ago and has been out enjoying the weather since. I can't recall the last time we have a week+ of consistent sunshine in March. You just need to be on the look out for potholes. Quite a few damaging ones out on East bound 401 east of Warden. Otherwise, time to enjoy the driving!

I spotted a nice 97+ yellow out in Oakville on Sunday driving east on Lakeshore. Anyone we know from here? I don't recall seeing any pre 02 yellow at any of our our meets. Very sharp looking.

Last edited:
Yup...just a car which is why it's last on the toy list to come out and play. Actually had to take her out this morning to the dealer to get the full emission system replaced for the recall.......gotta love it - under 80k and 14 yrs is covered in full :>)

Actually had to take her out this morning to the dealer to get the full emission system replaced for the recall.......gotta love it - under 80k and 14 yrs is covered in full :>)

Wow!

What we need is some rain to wash the salt away. Then the street sweepers to come out!

Acura would have notified you if your car was under recall.

The exhaust recall only applied to Midnight Pearl NSXs. Or was it 1995s? Or maybe the guy running Shawna's Acura service department thinks she's cute.

Meh... AEM EMS with wideband UEGO and high flow cats pretty well puts me in the nevermind category at Acura :cool:

Last edited:
This recall is from 95-01 cars, it's emission related.

They will do quite a bit...Completed T/U, replace 02 sensor, and even cats.

Bram

Indeed, if they had my name and address on file, which they probably do not. I should fix that. In the meantime, could you please tell me the details of the recall? Just 1995s like Dr. Sean said?

I spotted a black NA1 last Friday, March 20 on 14th Ave just before 7pm. Anyone here? Saw your rear end kick out a bit :biggrin: then you took off. Car looks great btw! :smile:

It's on ALL 95's - NO they are not going to a T/U or replace cats (Bram dreams at times and doesn't even have the 95) and there is a 6 page print out of what is covered and it all pertains to sensors, and most emission items - plugs, oil change, coils, O2 sensor and a bunch of other things that are covered up to 14 yrs and 240,000 kms.

Mine was bought used as well and I had it for 8 yrs before they told me (last fall) that there was a recall. It was only certain models in Canada that were having issues - never noticed any in my car.

There are 3 different OBD system checks they do and will cover/replace
Check with your dealer if you own ONLY a 95 and they will tell by the VIN.

EM's was great - had it done in a day!

Pulling my car out before JUly may be suicidal in Calgary...the roads are stuffed with gravel...and there are potholes everywhere:eek: I feel the damn things when I am driving my Cadillac...its insane...and I know that they are not going to get around to doing the potholes till June...my car is way too low to take some of the potholes I have seen...my suspension would be trashed!

Patience Grasshopper...

Dam :cool:

Back