• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone get their I phone yet?

Just curious to see who has one...or thinking about picking one up soon.

If you do have one please share your thoughts on the phone.

I'm not a fan of the I-Phone, I think it will flop.
I am curious what typing is like without being able to feel the buttons.

I have a friend with the LG Prada:

13748.jpg

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZlVtVAkAcr0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZlVtVAkAcr0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Who has been telling people he obtained an iphone early for the last 2 months :rolleyes:

I dont know, people did a lot of griping about paying $600 for the ps3. I can't imagine them being any happier about spending that on a phone. of course you cant take a ps3 in a bar either... I can just see guys laying their iphone down right next to their bmw key fob

I dont know, people did a lot of griping about paying $600 for the ps3. I can't imagine them being any happier about spending that on a phone. of course you cant take a ps3 in a bar either... I can just see guys laying their iphone down right next to their bmw key fob

There are several phones on the market now that cost $600 or more, for a smartphone it isn't that much of a stretch... I am sure cingular will offer substancial savings if they can lock you into several years of contract.

I might be getting one as well to go with my new MacBook i just got!!

There are several phones on the market now that cost $600 or more, for a smartphone it isn't that much of a stretch... I am sure cingular will offer substancial savings if they can lock you into several years of contract.

ha, well i wouldnt know. I use the cheapest vertical integration samsung i can find. im pretty hard on the things and sammys seen to hold up a bit better :biggrin:

I would not compare the iPhone to a $600+ PPC. The iPhone is from my understanding a closed architecture, 3rd party programs can't be installed on it, no SD type of card, no MS Exchange Activesync support, no HSDPA or UMTS. You can't even download music from iTunes directly to it.

IMO, this is definitely NOT a phone for the power user or business executive. The people that buy this phone will be the the Apple fan-boys or the ones who see it as a status symbol... look, I have a $600 phone. Please feel free to correct me if Apple has changed something in the production unit that make my points above inaccurate, but they'd have to change ALL of them for me to consider one.

For now I'll stick with my HP HW6515 PPC (which I only use for the built in GPS now) and my HTC Hermes PPC (Cingular 8525).

I hate to say it but I foresee myself getting one of these later on down the line when the 3rd iteration is out (the one they're releasing today is already a 2nd generation).

I hate to say it but I foresee myself getting one of these later on down the line when the 3rd iteration is out (the one they're releasing today is already a 2nd generation).
+1, though if they're like the ipod (and most tech toys these days) i'm betting a 4-5gen will be more along the lines of what i want from my next pda/phone thingie... not coincidentally, my current contract expires in 15 months.

If you're planning on getting one, I'd be curious as to know why? I'm king-tech guy and love the latest and greatest, but I don't see it here.

seems to be more of a status symbol. my buddy works at a cingular store and he told me they were being delivered by brinks. thats kind insane. He said it does cool stuff but doing cool stuff doesn't make it good. hard to beat a treo IMHO or crackberry.

If you're planning on getting one, I'd be curious as to know why? I'm king-tech guy and love the latest and greatest, but I don't see it here.

For me, it's mainly because it's such a cool iPod. I'm not a huge cell phone fan (don't even carry mine most of the time) and I don't have much need for hand held web browsing, but I do carry my iPod everywhere I go. Since I paid $400 for a 1st gen iPod almost 6 years ago, I can't be too terrified of the iPhone price.

I would not compare the iPhone to a $600+ PPC. The iPhone is from my understanding a closed architecture, 3rd party programs can't be installed on it, no SD type of card, no MS Exchange Activesync support, no HSDPA or UMTS. You can't even download music from iTunes directly to it.

It has Exchange support, but I don't know what some of those other initialisms are, so I can't comment. Apple has been pretty up-front that this is not initially a business phone, but instead a personal device. Also, I'm sure there will be iTMS download support soon enough. 3rd party apps will be browser-based AJAX stuff.

No iPhone for me now, I'll wait till the price drop a bit and also because it's a first generation gadget. And for the plans, why at&t? (I have tmobile)

No iPhone for me now, I'll wait till the price drop a bit and also because it's a first generation gadget. And for the plans, why at&t? (I have tmobile)

Apple has a 5 year agreement with AT&T. AT&T is giving Apple a kickback on every monthly service plan with the Iphone.

Imagine walking around NYC talking on one of these things. Bet you wouldn't make it 10 blocks before someone snatches it and runs. :rolleyes:
That's funny, New Yorkers are saying the same thing about people walking around Miami talking on one... :biggrin:

Two deal breakers for me on the Iphone: No Voice dialing, and AT&T's data service is slooow compared to the EVDO that Verizon uses. There are just too many times when I am not near a WiFi hotspot.

As to the syncing, I use both PC & Mac, and even for the Windows Moto Q, I have to have third party software to enable syncing with my Powerbook.

All that aside, there are at least 3 people in my rather small company that are going to the Iphone ASAP.

Two deal breakers for me on the Iphone: No Voice dialing, and AT&T's data service is slooow compared to the EVDO that Verizon uses. There are just too many times when I am not near a WiFi hotspot.

As to the syncing, I use both PC & Mac, and even for the Windows Moto Q, I have to have third party software to enable syncing with my Powerbook.

All that aside, there are at least 3 people in my rather small company that are going to the Iphone ASAP.

AT&T's HSDPA and UMTS is faster than Verizon's EVDO (which is faster than AT&T's EDGE). However the iPhone doesn't have HSDPA or UMTS capability.

and I agree.... voice dialing I cannot live without.

Back