• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone have a 2002+ NSX for sale?

The NSX is only valuable to a very small slice of the car enthusiast community, and those people already own the car. IMHO NSX owners live in a bubble where these cars can do no wrong. In the outside world, it's much different. The automotive universe is developing at a startling rate. The NSX's relevance is waning.

Why are you still here again?

Believe it or not, I still moderate here and I've got friends here. I check on my old threads from time to time :)

How is stating facts bashing? I've said in this thread already that these are great cars.
However, they are niche cars that attract a very small slice of the enthusiast pie. If you are not an NSX cogniscenti or a Honda fanboy you are likely looking at other car buy options out there.

How is stating facts bashing? I've said in this thread already that these are great cars.
However, they are niche cars that attract a very small slice of the enthusiast pie. If you are not an NSX cogniscenti or a Honda fanboy you are likely looking at other car buy options out there.
Facts?
1. The nsx is only valuable to people that already own them???? That's a fact how?
2. Nsx owners live in a bubble. That's a fact how?
3. The nsx relevance is waning? Again, how is that a fact?

Seems like a bunch of bs to me.

Personally I find your comments offensive and completely inappropriate for a moderator on a NSX forum.

Last edited:
Well, this is John's thread after all :tongue:.

I think he was just emphasizing that NSX guys are on their own level in terms of appreciation for these aging machines.
I can testify he's a real car enthusiast, GT-R and NSX alike.

Lucas

Hahaha, seems like I touched a nerve. :)

Guys, enjoy your cars. I loved mine immensely when I owned it. They are so perfect in many ways and if you don't take it to a track you'll never fully understand them.

Having said that, just understand that as outstanding as they are, they are just cars and they are getting old, fast. The "new" facelifted cars are already 12 years old and counting. Car guys might appreciate the rare sight of an NSX but for the prices some of these cars are sitting at there are TONS of options out there. I'm currently looking at a few R8s and Gallardos in the low to mid-70's that have nicer interiors with no tapedecks, engine note to die for, more cylinders and just as reliable.

I do think they raise some valid points - your statements were merely opinions and you could at the very least acknowledge that.

Having said that, just understand that as outstanding as they are, they are just cars and they are getting old, fast. The "new" facelifted cars are already 12 years old and counting. Car guys might appreciate the rare sight of an NSX but for the prices some of these cars are sitting at there are TONS of options out there. I'm currently looking at a few R8s and Gallardos in the low to mid-70's that have nicer interiors with no tapedecks, engine note to die for, more cylinders and just as reliable.

I think you are only viewing this from your personal perspective. That is great, except when you try to pass them off as a "fact". One of the great things about cars is that everyone has a different set of variables to decide what is "best" and they are all correct, because it is their ass that is going to sit in the seat.

You apparently want something newer & faster. Good for you! Myself, I have no real interest in that. New cars like the R8 and Gallardo don't interest me in what I want to own, far too bland. "New" styling translate to boring styling in my book. If you priced an R8/Gallardo at the same point as the NSX, I would still choose the NSX. It ticks off all the boxes on my list.

In fact, I am toying around with the purchase of a testarossa. Now you want to talk about a nonsensical car at a nonsensical price! Makes a NSX downright sensible

Hahaha, seems like I touched a nerve. :)

Guys, enjoy your cars. I loved mine immensely when I owned it. They are so perfect in many ways and if you don't take it to a track you'll never fully understand them.

oyagi - well said. i agree with you on many points. To most people I've spoken to about my pending purchase, they shake their head at me for thinking of buying a 23 year old car in today's day age. Is the NSX an antique ? In some warped way, I think of it as an antique yes ? But then on the other side of the coin, I can't get that styling, performance and manual tranny , from anything on the current market for the price.($35-$45k) I need my left foot engaged ;-) Believe me, if I could find something with the styling, ride height, looks with aftermarket parts, that I think was NSX worthy, I'd be the 1st one to jump all over it.

Facts?
1. The nsx is only valuable to people that already own them???? That's a fact how?
2. Nsx owners live in a bubble. That's a fact how?
3. The nsx relevance is waning? Again, how is that a fact?

Seems like a bunch of bs to me.

Personally I find your comments offensive and completely inappropriate for a moderator on a NSX forum.

"Offensive" LOL! He's just stating his opinion, not sure why you're getting all worked up.

Supply and demand in our free market will dictate the pricing for these cars. What people are willing to pay is a personal choice. I have a low mile 2005 beauty because I wanted it more than anything else. Lucky for me not everyone looking at her was willing to pay enough. I definitely paid more than I would have liked to. After all I'm an accountant and I am inherently cheap. It was a difficult purchase because looking at it through my accountant glasses it made no financial sense. I decided to ignore my training and follow my heart. Do I have any regret? Absolutely not because this car make me happy and you can't put a price on that.

I agree with Eddie, kill this thread. Simon has his own thread. Oyagi is no longer in the market.

If I keep this thread going it might be useful again when I start shopping for a new NSX :D

This thread is like a cold shower for everyone lol.

Coolberg, my CPA wife takes exception to the "cheap" comment -- LOL! We met at the first NSX Club of Canada event in spring of /13 -- love your car. I'm the expat Torontonian living in MI with the red /94. Hope you are doing well. Love your car by the way. If I were to upgrade, I would want one just like yours.
Best,
Jeff

Coolbergs nsx is my cdn fav. amazing.

Coolberg, my CPA wife takes exception to the "cheap" comment -- LOL! We met at the first NSX Club of Canada event in spring of /13 -- love your car. I'm the expat Torontonian living in MI with the red /94. Hope you are doing well. Love your car by the way. If I were to upgrade, I would want one just like yours.
Best,
Jeff

Thanks for the compliments guys. Here is one of the last photos taken in the fall before storage.

2aganehy.jpg

Just wondering...
It seems everyone was afraid to buy the one owner '05 I just purchased because of a stupid CARFAX report of an accident. A steal at $69k.Turned out to be only a front bumper repaint and the Silverstone match was perfect. As you say, life is too short. Good luck in your search my friend.

Last edited:
Well, there might be more cars available when the new one is released. Likely that some current owners will be selling/trading in their NSXs for the next gen. Might be able to pick one up then if you haven't already found one.

^ Charles, I personally believe we are still a long ways away from seeing NSX GEN II hitting our dealerships. Furthermore, from the rumblings I have read, at around 100k for paddle shifting, I don't anticipate many rushing to place orders.

If it's only 100k I'll be in line and selling my current NSX. I heard 150+ and if that is the case I'll be waiting or looking at other options.

Back