• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone have an Oculus Rift?

I tired one at best buy this weekend with the new touch controllers and it was pretty awesome. Anyone have any experience with this or the HTC vive.

I have the samsung gear VR, but without seeing your hands it really isn't that great.

I have a Vive, and personally, I love it! The immersion is next level, and the equipment is very precise. I don't have any firsthand experience with the Oculus, but a couple of my friends have them and prefer my Vive, due in large part to the roomscaling tech and game variety. The biggest flaw with the Vive, at least in my humble opinion, is the sheer amount of empty space required to use it comfortably. That being said, if you have the space, and a PC powerful enough to use it, the Vive can be a lot of fun!

We have the HTC VIVE and Oculus Rift at the office and, thus far, VIVE wins hands-down...though I haven't tried the Oculus Touch yet. The room scale experience is the big benefit of VIVE...so I only see it working well when you DO have the space to take advantage of it. I just hope they can cut the cord sooner than later.

I just got my PSVR over the weekend...and I must say it is pretty impressive as well. Having worked on experiences targeting VIVE and Daydream, all I can say is that it must have been quite the challenge to squeeze that kind of performance out of a game console.

We have the HTC VIVE and Oculus Rift at the office and, thus far, VIVE wins hands-down...though I haven't tried the Oculus Touch yet. The room scale experience is the big benefit of VIVE...so I only see it working well when you DO have the space to take advantage of it. I just hope they can cut the cord sooner than later.

I just got my PSVR over the weekend...and I must say it is pretty impressive as well. Having worked on experiences targeting VIVE and Daydream, all I can say is that it must have been quite the challenge to squeeze that kind of performance out of a game console.

I tried the Vive and I thought it was awesome. I think the oculus with the touch is just as good. Without the touch though, the VIVE blows it away. I also feel like Oculus will be around longer than the VIVE with the backing of FB.

no but I have a chalazion...........:eek:

Back