• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone here own a Lexus RX300?

Hi everybody,

I am looking to replace my daily driver (92 Prelude 2.3) with a Lexus RX300.

Do any of you have one? If so, what do you think of it?

TIA,

David

It's a nice SUV, good in the snow/rain, but still rides like a luxury car. Much better than the Benz M320 IMHO. I would test drive the Rx300 and the Acura MDX and choose between the two.

Good luck! Can't go wrong either way

------------------

2001 QuickSilver Corvette Coupe - Not Stock

2002 Black Acura 3.2 TL/S

I have one. Out of all the mid-size choices, this was hands down my favorite. And it has rewarded. Excellent ride, the feeling of quality, handles car-like. Moderately roomy. Black exterior/Tan interior. Loaded (except for NAV).

Traded the 98 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited in for it, too. The Jeep really shows it age in no time flat. Creaks and rattles included. There is no comparison.

My .02,
Chris.

------------------
1994 300ZX TT
Stage VI+ (auto)
338 rwhp - 380 rwt

Thanks for your help !

I would like to have the choice between the MDX and the RX300 but unfortunately the MDX is not imported in Switzerland.

Regards,

David

David,

If you can get it, there was a limited production model in 2001 called the "Silversport" it has special seats, suspension, body styling, etc. Take a look here for details: http://www.insidelexus.com/vol4/rx300/main.shtml

I just recently got one of these for my real estate broker. Excellent car, in my opinion. Much better than the ML. It is refined as any sedan or any other Lexus, for that matter. I would take a X5 over it, though, but that's just me. If you go with the RX300, I think you should really look into this model.

Chris

If the X-5 had just a little more cargo room it would be a perfect SUV in my opinion. I do not know how much you want to spend. If you have the extra cash you should test drive a X-5 before you decide. There is just something about the way the BMW leather smells.
smile.gif

Originally posted by ck:
David,

If you can get it, there was a limited production model in 2001 called the "Silversport" it has special seats, suspension, body styling, etc.

The "Silversport" is the RX of my dreams !

I am looking for a silver RX300 with black leather but here in Switzerland when you buy a Lexus with leather, it comes with a wood dash trim, wood steering wheels and my problem is ...I HATE wood dash trim !

The "Silversport" with the aluminum dash trim would be PERFECT !

Originally posted by NSXTC:
We have one too. Great car. I wish it had a bit of a more agressive suspension, because it's really not a true SUV and only sees the streets and freeways. [/URL]

I read somewhere that the Euro suspension setup is a little bit more agressive than the US model.

I like the Lexus because it's not a true SUV...It rides like a car, is very confortable and it's midsize is perfect for our small roads.

Thanks for the ClubLexus link !

Originally posted by steveny:
If the X-5 had just a little more cargo room it would be a perfect SUV in my opinion. I do not know how much you want to spend. If you have the extra cash you should test drive a X-5 before you decide. There is just something about the way the BMW leather smells.
smile.gif

Yes, the X5 is the nicest SUV in my opinion but it's too expensive and too big for me.

And I don't know if it's true but I heard that the X5 has a lot of technical problems.

Sorry for seeing this late, but anyway... my friend has one and i must tell you it's one of the nicest luxury SUV's i've ever been in. the ride is PERFECT. the suspension isn't so soft you don't feel the road at all and get car sick, but not hard enough to be non luxury. the engine is VERY quiet, and the stock sound system is very very atractive. there is no distortion at all in it. the leather is very confertable, and the car is over all easy to clean. i'm partial to the black exterior w/ tan leather interior b/c thats what he has. the LCD display is awesome too. over all, i'd say get it, it's a great ride. perfect for towing your NSX to far away shows or events to keep miles off of it too
smile.gif

------------------
Paul~
[email protected]

Originally posted by Orange240sx:
Sorry for seeing this late, but anyway... my friend has one and i must tell you it's one of the nicest luxury SUV's i've ever been in. the ride is PERFECT.

perfect for towing your NSX to far away shows or events to keep miles off of it too
WHICH SUV are you referring to in the above comments? RX300 ?? X5 ??

Hi everybody,

I want to thank you for your help !

FYI, I just bought a silver Lexus RX and it's perfect for me !

The RX is exactly what I was looking for to replace my Prelude !
smile.gif

Thanks again,

David

Just found this thread. Glad you're enjoying your new ride. My girlfriend and I have one of these for our daily driver - she just bought it in July. It's been a great vehicle for us.

Cheers!

Back