• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone in the Bay Area looking at a new Exhaust?

I just had mines fabricated from Moroso Spiral Flow and Zoomers tips.

I like to know if others are interested in trying out other alternative muffler systems so that we can all collectively benefit from a knowledge base in what mufflers are cost effective, their respective sounds, etc...

I've done with with the RX7 folks back in the day so that others can gain from us trying out new parts.

The muffler that I like someone to try is the Dynomax Flo X

It flows over 1000 CFMs and supports 500HP. Basically the NSX will be fine with it.

If you shop around, the price is $100 + labor ($50-100~).

Thoughts?

Start a new thread and name it custom exhaust or something and let it roll.
I have cut open two stock exhausts and have made mods. We all can post there.
Just because its fun to share.
Trev

Batman,

where are you getting this exhaust done at. i'm willing to give it a try. i can't wait to get rid of the hideous center exit exhaust on my nsx. btw, how's everyone doing, i kinda fell off the face of the earth. working on a piece of writing dealing with consciousness and i'm hoping to get it published so i've been quite beezy.

Batman,

where are you getting this exhaust done at. i'm willing to give it a try. i can't wait to get rid of the hideous center exit exhaust on my nsx. btw, how's everyone doing, i kinda fell off the face of the earth. working on a piece of writing dealing with consciousness and i'm hoping to get it published so i've been quite beezy.

Whew!

Finally someone besides me that is willing and ready.

I was starting to wonder about NSX folks having yellow stripes down their backs.

Would you be interested in trying out this one?

http://www.aeroexhaust.com/

I've searched the other boards like the LS1gto.com and there seem to be nothing but praises for this muffler.

I had my mufflers installed at Modern Mufflers in Sunnyvale at El Camino and Lawerence Expy.

Batman,

Peter, I sent an invitation to Red NSXT to meet at Santana Row this Saturday.

I can give u a ride as well for the real world experience.

If u want u can stand with those other exotic car guys and I'll come outta the garage and blimp the throttle.

People will behave like Meerkats.... looking for something that costs at least 2x more.

I want to try this out so what would I need to buy ? 2 of these 2540i High Performance Muffler Description or is the price $123 for a pair? and than what else do I need to complete the exhaust? Just the tips?
I will try it out been waiting to get rid of my Ztek exhaust for something different. Let me know the parts I will go to the same shop in sunnyvale and have it done. Or do you think I go with the one you went with?

I want to try this out so what would I need to buy ? 2 of these 2540i High Performance Muffler Description or is the price $123 for a pair? and than what else do I need to complete the exhaust? Just the tips?
I will try it out been waiting to get rid of my Ztek exhaust for something different. Let me know the parts I will go to the same shop in sunnyvale and have it done. Or do you think I go with the one you went with?

Get 2 of these:

http://www.aeroexhaust.com/car_exhaust_2525.html

It's the closest to the dimensions of what I have on the NSX.

I got these tips:

http://www.4zoomers.com/exhaust_tips_pv.asp

API-1060

I have them on the truck and RX7 as well.

At idle they have a gurgling sound like some power boat at idle with the exhaust being purged through the water. Also gave it a deeper sound.

What you can do is try out the Aero Exhaust first and if you wanted to deepen the sound and make it a little quieter you can add the tips.

Back