• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone in the Bay Area looking at a new Exhaust?

I will try it out should I get dynomax ultra flo x muffler or the Aero Turbine Series 2525 ?? Excuse my ignorance but do I need 2 mufflers right? and do I need anything else?

I will try it out should I get dynomax ultra flo x muffler or the Aero Turbine Series 2525 ?? Excuse my ignorance but do I need 2 mufflers right? and do I need anything else?

For the ultra flow X, you will need only one. For the aero, you'd do two.

I'm anxious to see/hear the outcome of this aero setup.

Last edited:
It depends since there are various models amongst each of the respective brands.

Phong and I compared our 2 exhaust system next to each other and I think there's a general agreement that mines has a more exotic sound to it. YOu really have to hear it in person. At different RPMs it sounds like different cat backs.

His is a little quieter. Nor sure what model of Flowmaster it is.

Give me a few weeks.

The NSX is still in the paint shop getting rock chip damage and upgraded rear valience.

Unless you want to try it on your car first. If you don't like it I can still keep it and pay for the fabrication work. Otherwise you can incure all of the expense for the parts and labor.

If you agree, I have a muffler shop that I have used for years in Sunnyvale and we can meet there on a Saturday.

Give me a few weeks.

The NSX is still in the paint shop getting rock chip damage and upgraded rear valience.

Unless you want to try it on your car first. If you don't like it I can still keep it and pay for the fabrication work. Otherwise you can incure all of the expense for the parts and labor.

If you agree, I have a muffler shop that I have used for years in Sunnyvale and we can meet there on a Saturday.

I'll talk to you at the next meeting in Los Altos Feb 24th about all the details.

we are gonna this out, we have an NA1 and NA2 as test mules. My tech says he can fabricate anything so we'll give it a try.

Im curious as to what the Flow Master sounds, dont want anything too agressive/ loud (already have a JGTC) any suggestions?

Peter, I sent an invitation to Red NSXT to meet at Santana Row this Saturday.

Who is Red NSXT? My license plate is RED NSX.

Doug

we are gonna this out, we have an NA1 and NA2 as test mules. My tech says he can fabricate anything so we'll give it a try.

Im curious as to what the Flow Master sounds, dont want anything too agressive/ loud (already have a JGTC) any suggestions?

I have the Dynomax Flo X in hand and it supports 1300CFM, and 500 HP. Way more than what the NSX can pump out.

If you want to try it out let me know.

Give me a few weeks.

I'll try it, but can I do it @ my shop in Oakland?

do you have pictures of the the Dynomax? Any ideas of what it should sound? Like yourself, Im interested in sound rather than HP :biggrin:.

thanks

x_cut.jpg

There are alot of cars that use this or an X pipe and there are nothing but praises for the tighter exhaust pulse which makes it sound more like a European V8 than something big and hollow if you catch my drift.

With the Dynomax it's a Muffler with a perforated X pipe inside. Sorta like the all-in-one solution.

Back