• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone know about this 2000 Silver Automatic? JH4NA126XYT000011

***Update. I was able to find out this car was in an accident with over $10,000 in damage in Jan 09' see post below. I actually spoke to the body shop who did the estimate.

Yes, I am looking for NSX #3. I should not have sold my first one, and I really should not have sold my second one, but I am going to keep the next one I find for a very long time. Does anyone know any information on this car. It is being sold by a dealer in Texas who has some questionable feedback on the internet. I called and spoke to them and they gave me a price of $38,500 firm. Seems like a fair price based on the current economy. I just missed out on a 1995 automatic here in southern California that just went for $27,900 last weekend with 49k miles.. I can pick up a local 95' automatic here in Socal for $28,000, but I really want a red/tan or silver/black automatic. This car is a 2000 Silver/Black, automatic with 44k miles. No service records. Vin# is: JH4NA126XYT000011 Any info would be appreciated.
thanks,
Dave

Last edited:
This car is a 2000 Silver/Black, automatic with 44k miles. No service records. Vin# is: JH4NA126XYT000011

Can you get them? If not, IMHO, keep looking.

Run a carfax on it.

A CarFax is only good to seehow many registered owners the car has. Too many cars are wrecked and it doesn't show up on CarFax. Also service records are vital for an NSX. Without them I would assume that it needs a TB/WP at a minimum.

If you are really serious about the car then you should pay for a PPI and a compression check with leak down so you have an idea of the health of the engine.

Is it the one at EXPO in Houston? It's about 5 minutes away from where I work if it is. I'm not a mechanic but I can give you an overview.

Edit: This one?

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124603

Yes,
It is the one at Expo. If it's not an inconvenience for you, would you mind taking a quick look for me? It would be greatly appreciated. Please give me a call if you can do this. My phone # is (305)321-8179.
thanks,
David

I was able to do some research. This car was involved in an accident in Florida in Jan 09'. It was taken to Rick Case Acura in Florida. It had over $10,000.00 in damage. Of course, when I called Expo they told me the car was mint. No accidents, no paint work done, etc.

i was able to do some research. This car was involved in an accident in florida in jan 09'. It was taken to rick case acura in florida. It had over $10,000.00 in damage. Of course, when i called expo they told me the car was mint. No accidents, no paint work done, etc.

next......

next......

Im going to start a little database of these... I have a few so far. Its really disheartening how many were involved in extensive repair work and how few people realize it (and of course NO dealer exposes it) as they change hands.

I looked at some private sale cars where I believe the owner genuinely thought the car was pristine and I immediately saw extensive paintwork.

This car is still for sale on ebay. It has failed to sell about 5 times. I wander when they are going to lower the price because of the accident.

I was able to do some research. This car was involved in an accident in Florida in Jan 09'. It was taken to Rick Case Acura in Florida. It had over $10,000.00 in damage. Of course, when I called Expo they told me the car was mint. No accidents, no paint work done, etc.

Yes, I inquired at EXPO too a few months back about the accident and was told it was mint with no accident. When I emailed them back and said that the car was involved in an accident (Florida Police Report Case# 76946817) they stopped communicating with me. All I wanted to know was how extensive the damage was, and was the frame straight (since it said right side impact).

Oh well, I wouldn't have wanted to deal with someone like that anyway.

There is an automatic red/black 97 with just under 42k miles on Manheim right now. I know nothing about the car. I just saw it while browsing on there.
It's in Pennsylvania. The buy now is $37,900.

Back