• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone know the Final Price on 2002 Imola that sold on Ebay?

He cancelled the eBay auction (twice) and sold it privately. He hasn't disclosed the price.

I PM'd him and he's happy with the price he got. Will we ever know the final sales price? It's up to him to reveal it if he desires.

Bids went over $85k on eBay couple days ago so I'm sure it was near asking price. Congrats to the seller.

If the bids were real. That listing shot up very high, very quickly with estimates on facebook indicating eveyrone expected over 100k.

If all were true then why end the auction early and sell privately?

Just curious............

Yes, I could see 90k+ for that car. I'd need at least that for my VIN#1 2003 with 8500 miles on it, but planning to keep mine.

One reason to cancel eBay listing and then sell privately would be to not have to pay eBay commission. Not saying if this actually happened with this sale, but it's been known to happen on eBay many times.

But congratulations for his sale.

Last edited:
I just saw a post from him that he's actually keeping the car now. Good for him. Bad for the buyer

As posted in the Facebook NSX Owners group....

1. Error in original listing, revised, and put back up.
2. Private party approached to buy, auction pulled.
3. Seller's circumstances changed and did NOT need to sell car
4. Car is back with original owner, no longer for sale.

I didn't know about this FB group. To whomever owns it, I just submitted a request to join.

According to the seller he made a verbal agreement with a buyer, withdrew the car from eBay, then reneged on the deal he had agreed to.
Tough to deal with a seller like that.

Good for him being able to keep it.

A verbal deal doesn't mean a thing to me. I've been screwed by dealers even when I've placed a deposit on a car. Until the keys are turned over the deal isn't complete in my book.

I just saw a post from him that he's actually keeping the car now. Good for him. Bad for the buyer

Yes, great for him to be able to keep the Imola Orange NSX. It may be the most desirable color and most likely will continue it's upward climb in appreciation.

Yes, great for him to be able to keep the Imola Orange NSX. It may be the most desirable color and most likely will continue it's upward climb in appreciation.

hmm...wonder why YOU would say that? IMO, the original NSX design will be the most desirable (I.E. Pop ups), with certain colors obviously fetching more.

I was in the lumber business during my working years.
In the real world 90 % of the lumber business in the US is done on verbal agreements.
If a buyer or seller breaks a verbal agreement they are ostracized by the trade.

Without verbal agreements a billion dollar industry would grind to a halt.
A lumberman's word is his bond.

Perhaps those of you who think verbal agreements have no validity, haven't had much experience in the business world.

The times they are a-changin' when the adherence to the expression, "a man is only as good as his word", falls by the wayside. Too bad.

Last edited:
I was in the lumber business during my working years.
In the real world 90 % of the lumber business in the US is done on verbal agreements.
If a buyer or seller breaks a verbal agreement they are ostracized by the trade.

Without verbal agreements a billion dollar industry would grind to a halt.
A lumberman's word is his bond.

Perhaps those of you who think verbal agreements have no validity, haven't had much experience in the business world.

If I was dealing with someone who had an ax and chainsaw I'd probably take his word. In my profession, if you don't get a signed treatment plan you can loose a lot of money. I write off ten's of thousand of dollars a year on people who stiff me for payment even with a signed agreement. It would be much more than that if I didn't have a signed document. Oh, and this doesn't include the insurance companies denying the payment even after it has been approved. For example, on one case, I'm currently waiting six months to get paid $1,500 from an insurance company that approved the treatment. You can guess how many more of those I have on my books and how that affects my cash flow. But I guess next time I'll try a verbal agreement because it seems to work so well with you.

I didn't know about this FB group. To whomever owns it, I just submitted a request to join.

One of the moderators posted this:

To make life for the moderators easier, if you are recommending a friend who is an NSX owner to this group to join, ask them to post a pic of their car somewhere in their _publically_ visible FB profile (either profile pic of wallpaper) to speed up approval. All other requests to join shall be either ignored or will take a long time for us to message them for ownership proof.
Have a nice day

One of the moderators posted this:

To make life for the moderators easier, if you are recommending a friend who is an NSX owner to this group to join, ask them to post a pic of their car somewhere in their _publically_ visible FB profile (either profile pic of wallpaper) to speed up approval. All other requests to join shall be either ignored or will take a long time for us to message them for ownership proof.
Have a nice day

Do you know who the mods are? I can maybe PM one of them and give them my name. I like to keep a low profile on FB. Thanks.

Back