• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone know the Final Price on 2002 Imola that sold on Ebay?

Oh, if anybody is questioning my integrity (Ahem @JD Cross): I listed my 2000 Integra Type R on eBay last week and the bidding went up to $22k with a couple of days left, I canceled the auction because somebody offered me $25k, which I accepted. At the same time, somebody else offered me $30k which I rejected because I already accepted the $25k from buyer #1 . I bet now most of you will probably think I'm an idiot for not taking an extra $5k right? lol

http://bringatrailer.com/2016/01/24/stock-w-38k-miles-2000-acura-integra-type-r/

Note: Offer accepted on a house, going through escrow. Wish me luck!

From reading this thread I appreciate you for not skipping out on the original buyer.

I had the same exact situation happen to me on the buyer's end this past week from the NSX Prime Facebook page. Talked to the seller (Bryant Lee/Hu) for a black 91 VIN JH4NA115XMT001937, he was asking $31K to which I promptly agreed and sent him the $500 "non-refundable" (his words) deposit via instant bank transfer on Paypal. Could not get him the balance until I could send him my paper check until this Monday. Unbeknownst to me, he continued fielding offers after the deposit was in his account. Ended up calling me on Sunday night telling me he sold it "for like...$10K more".

You did the right thing. Your buyer appreciates it more than you might know.

From reading this thread I appreciate you for not skipping out on the original buyer.

I had the same exact situation happen to me on the buyer's end this past week from the NSX Prime Facebook page. Talked to the seller (Bryant Lee/Hu) for a black 91 VIN JH4NA115XMT001937, he was asking $31K to which I promptly agreed and sent him the $500 "non-refundable" (his words) deposit via instant bank transfer on Paypal. Could not get him the balance until I could send him my paper check until this Monday. Unbeknownst to me, he continued fielding offers after the deposit was in his account. Ended up calling me on Sunday night telling me he sold it "for like...$10K more".

You did the right thing. Your buyer appreciates it more than you might know.

That's not cool. Is this the car maintained by the "BMW tech"? Saw the car on craigslist as well.

That's not cool. Is this the car maintained by the "BMW tech"? Saw the car on craigslist as well.

That's correct.

What's incredible to me is there were some in the Facebook thread siding with the seller claiming I should've moved on it faster and that the terms weren't spelled out properly.

To me, accepting a non-refundable deposit and confirming receipt and sending his congratulations on purchasing the car is pretty black and white. It's really not my problem he was not entirely aware of the potential market value of his car when he listed his post. I also did not appreciate being disparaged and painted as some unreasonable buyer, pestering him with questions whereas this other buyer showed up and paid in full after "looking at it for only a few minutes". Do not list a car for sale and accept a deposit if you are not prepared to speak with buyers. Personal and private family matters should not have anything to do with keeping an agreement, especially when proper consideration in the form of a deposit has already been exchanged and accepted.

That's correct.

What's incredible to me is there were some in the Facebook thread siding with the seller claiming I should've moved on it faster and that the terms weren't spelled out properly.

To me, accepting a non-refundable deposit and confirming receipt and sending his congratulations on purchasing the car is pretty black and white. It's really not my problem he was not entirely aware of the potential market value of his car when he listed his post. I also did not appreciate being disparaged and painted as some unreasonable buyer, pestering him with questions whereas this other buyer showed up and paid in full after "looking at it for only a few minutes". Do not list a car for sale and accept a deposit if you are not prepared to speak with buyers. Personal and private family matters should not have anything to do with keeping an agreement, especially when proper consideration in the form of a deposit has already been exchanged and accepted.

Hopefully something better will show up. It seems sometimes it's not about right and wrong to some. As you know probably the Nsxprime crowd especially on the Facebook groups where people run wild there's certain individuals that have a following. The people probably defending the seller are most likely friends of theirs. Happens all the time.

One thing's for sure though, the market is hot. Just wait until it cools down a little and you'll be happy your patience paid off. Let the hype calm down.

Last edited:
Oh, if anybody is questioning my integrity (Ahem [MENTION=5905]JD Cross[/MENTION]): I listed my 2000 Integra Type R on eBay last week and the bidding went up to $22k with a couple of days left, I canceled the auction because somebody offered me $25k, which I accepted. At the same time, somebody else offered me $30k which I rejected because I already accepted the $25k from buyer #1 . I bet now most of you will probably think I'm an idiot for not taking an extra $5k right? lol

As you mention my name I'll reply to your comment.

You decided you had to raise money and decided to do that you had to sell your NSX.
The sale process was clouded by eBay cancellations and relisting but eventually a buyer was found.
You accepted an offer from a bone fide buyer and proceeded to ready the car for delivery removing parts not included in the sale.
You expected the buyer to pay you for the car and then you'd have the money you needed.
So far so good.

Then you decided you no longer needed the money, decided not to sell your NSX, and reneged on your deal.

Perhaps if you had explained that you made a deal in good faith, proceeded to ready the car for delivery, then unexpectedly had a windfall and no longer needed the money.
If you went on to explain that you were prepared to complete the sale, but discussed your new reality with the buyer, the buyer understood, accepted your situation, and excused you from the deal then no big deal, stuff happens in life.

But that's not what you did.
Your public explanation for reneging had to do with the buyers offer only being verbal, no deposit was taken, you didn't reneg and sell to a higher bidder etc. etc. all trying to justify your actions.
In other words the deal was not binding and your actions were excusable.

I think a number of people have had trouble with your explanation and your recent offering of wheels on Facebook brought a number of comments out, all about you reneging on a deal.
Your handling of the NSX sale and the aftermath has created a reputation for yourself and buyers are being cautious.
This is not my doing.

So were I you I'd stop trying to justify your actions by relaying tales of selling other cars and other noble deeds.
Instead I'd work on building a reputation as a model seller whose word is his bond.

I suspect there's more to this story than we know but nice that you can keep your NSX and have family that will buy you a house.

Last edited:
As you mention my name I'll reply to your comment.

You decided you had to raise money and decided to do that you had to sell your NSX.
The sale process was clouded by eBay cancellations and relisting but eventually a buyer was found.
You accepted an offer from a bone fide buyer and proceeded to ready the car for delivery removing parts not included in the sale.
You expected the buyer to pay you for the car and then you'd have the money you needed.
So far so good.

Then you decided you no longer needed the money, decided not to sell your NSX, and reneged on your deal.

Perhaps if you had explained that you made a deal in good faith, proceeded to ready the car for delivery, then unexpectedly had a windfall and no longer needed the money.
If you went on to explain that you discussed your new reality with the buyer, the buyer understood, accepted your situation, and excused you from the deal then no big deal, stuff happens in life.

But that's not what you did.
Your public explanation for reneging had to do with the buyers offer only being verbal, no deposit was taken, you didn't reneg and sell to a higher bidder etc. etc. all trying to justify your actions.
In other words the deal was not binding and your actions were excusable.

I think a number of people have had trouble with your explanation and your recent offering of wheels on Facebook brought a number of comments out, all about you reneging on a deal.
Your handling of the NSX sale and the aftermath has created a reputation for yourself and buyers are being cautious.
This is not my doing.

So were I you I'd stop trying to justify your actions by relaying tales of selling other cars and other noble deeds.
Instead I'd work on building a reputation as a model seller whose word is his bond.

Thanks for the advice on how to improve my reputation. Noted. The only reason I mentioned you is because you seem to be the most angered at this situation, considering your deleted reply the other day and your comments in my other for sale posts.

So now that I have your attention, please stop going to my other for sale posts and adding your passive aggressive / sarcasm or whatever it is that you did to remind potential buyers of how (you perceived) I horribly handled this transaction. If you have a personal vendetta with me, let's work it out privately and move on.

Thanks for the advice on how to improve my reputation. Noted. The only reason I mentioned you is because you seem to be the most angered at this situation, considering your deleted reply the other day and your comments in my other for sale posts.

So now that I have your attention, please stop going to my other for sale posts and adding your passive aggressive / sarcasm or whatever it is that you did to remind potential buyers of how (you perceived) I horribly handled this transaction. If you have a personal vendetta with me, let's work it out privately and move on.

^^^ What he said. Its just cars. Nobody is in the other persons shoes therefore have no right to make assumptions. Its nowhere near some of the horror stories I've read on here about buyers sending sellers thousands of dollars for parts and never receiving parts as described or no parts altogether.

When I purchased my GPW a few weeks ago, I knew what my budget was and got an agreement from the Seller but I also told him that if he received offers that were more than mine all I ask is the right of refusal to match the offer first. So if someone offered more than $5k, I would never fault the seller but of course I had this mindset from the get go so I wasn't disappointed. All in all, it's just a car. There will always be another one.

The only reason I mentioned you is because you seem to be the most angered at this situation, considering your deleted reply the other day and your comments in my other for sale posts.So now that I have your attention, please stop going to my other for sale posts and adding your passive aggressive / sarcasm or whatever it is that you did to remind potential buyers of how (you perceived) I horribly handled this transaction. If you have a personal vendetta with me, let's work it out privately and move on.

I deleted my previous post because I concluded I was flogging a dead horse, I wasn't adding value, and decided to let it go.
No personal vendetta here at all, but you chose to bring it up again, not I.

When we make comments in a public forum we can expect comments in return.
You don't think you've done anything out of the ordinary and you're a victim of a nasty poster (me).
I get that and I get you're angry.
Let's simply agree that we have differing standards of what we consider honorable behaviour and you'll never sell anything to me and I won't try to buy anything from you.
Okay?

Wow skafia you have/had some unicorn Honda's! I'm jealous. Also on a side note it's crazy how much these low mile cars are fetching for. Just awesome.

Good luck on the house!

Back