• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone need a spare 3.0 motor?

Saw this one Ebay, with the following description
{THIS IS FOR A PERFECT RUNNING, LOW MILEAGE APPROX(11K) ACURA NSX 3.0 ENGINE - MOTOR. I BOUGHT THIS ENGINE OUT OF A WRECKED NSX WITH A LITTLE OVER 10K MILES. I PUT IT IN A PRE RUNNER BUGGY AND HAD ALL CUSTOM DYNO WORK DONE BY LETHAL DOSE INJECTION IN SAN DIEGO. IT CURRENTLY HAS AN ELECTROMOTIVE IGNITION AND THIS MOTOR FLY'S. THIS ENGINE IS PERFECT. I PAID 10K FOR THE ENGINE AND ABOUT ANOTHER 10K IN COMPUTER, MAPPING, ADAPTORS, ETC. PERFECT FOR A VERY VERY FAST SAND CAR. THIS MOTOR IS FASTER THEN MOST V8'S WITH IT'S MUCH LIGHTER. ALL ALUMINUM, MAGNESIUM AND TITANIUM. YOU CAN BOLT THIS IN YOUR OFF-ROAD CAR AND TURNKEY OR YOU CAN BOLT IT IN YOUR NSX AND TURN KEY. """FLAWLESS" LOW RESERVE FOR THIS RARE FIND. BUYER PAYS SHIPPING OR LOCAL PICKUP IS WELCOME.}
3163_3.jpg

332f_3.jpg

34a6_3.jpg

Here is the link if anyone is really interested:http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...ndexURL=0&photoDisplayType=2#ebayphotohosting

I would be worried about the kind of abuse the engine would sustain while in a sand rail, jumping over dunes, and possibly injesting sand in any number of places.

An interesting choice for another sand rail, but I would look elsewhere for an nsx replacement engine.

Back