• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone see the new NA Power Paks from Science of Speed?

I looked at it before. Impressive.

My question for stage 1 is that is the +30HP in addtion to the headers and exhaust or +30 with the H/E factored in?

30 extra horse

No it's 30 extra with the headers, intake and exhaust, there is a disclaimer that says that in a sort of round about way.

Re: 30 extra horse

jjeray said:
No it's 30 extra with the headers, intake and exhaust, there is a disclaimer that says that in a sort of round about way.

Ok I am confused.

Say our baseline is 240HP

With H/E we are at 265HP.

With Stage one, are we at 270HP or 295 HP?

270!

Stage 1 is only $450.00 and basically you are adding a chip, if you've done intake headers and exhaust you've already done stage one. Stage 2 is where you really start to get your performance enhancements.

jjeray said:
What are some of your thoughts?

Ok, now... let's take a look at this. Forget RWH, if we start at 290hp for my 2000 and add +95hp, that would be 385hp! That is Porsche GT3 neighborhood I think?! WOW!

I want to know 3 things:

1) Can I still keep my factory engine cover that keeps my Targa top stored above the engine bay?

2) How do I get my car to AZ?

2) Who do I make my check out to? :)

I gotta have this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Thanks for the links. Stage 3 gains are based on a 3.0L. Our car recently dynoed 318 rear wheel horsepower on a Mustang dyno. This is good for around 365 crank horsepower (vs. 270 from a factory car).

Please look out for a write up on the development and testing of this package to be posted on NSXPrime shortly!

The overall power, quickness of the way the engine spins up, and the immediate throttle response is absolutely phenomenal! The car generates as much torque at 4000 RPM as a fully modified regular 3.0L does near redline.

Cheers,
-- Chris

I've ordered the Stage 1 already but haven't heard anything from SoS about it yet. I suppose the throttle body and intake manifold work like a regular exchange program.

Hopefully, looking forward to another 30hp.

Last edited:
Chris@SoS said:
Thanks for the links. Stage 3 gains are based on a 3.0L. Our car recently dynoed 318 rear wheel horsepower on a Mustang dyno. This is good for around 365 crank horsepower (vs. 270 from a factory car).

Well, Chris, if you need a vehicle to work out the kinks on for the 3.2L models, then my 2000 NSX-T can be on the truck at a moments notice. Heck, I might even let you toss out the targa top cover and stow the top in the trunk to be able to see those sexy intake stacks. Let me know via PM if you need a late model car to work on. Think of all you could learn. :)

These products are made to be used in conjunction with supporting modifications which you can see referenced here: (http://www.scienceofspeed.com/produ...e_products/NSX/ScienceofSpeed/NA_tune/stages/). The supporting mods are exhaust headers, exhaust, and intake. We prefer the TAITEC GT Headers, TAITEC exhausts, Cantrell AIS, as well as our new enclosed carbon air box to be posted shortly.

However, peak horsepower gains tell you very little, as there are quite significant mid range gain which you will be using, especially with the SuperTune ECU chips.

As we are able to collect dyno charts of each derivative, we will post them as a library on the NA tune pages.

best regards,
-- Chris

Arata said:
How do you know what the power gains are if you have not already done the dyno work??

The different products were developed and tested on different dynos at different locations. We will post dyno graphs once we have consistent numbers of each stage and options on the same dyno.

cheers,
-- Chris

Re: yeah how about the 3.2 cars!!!

These products are all compatible with the 3.2L engine with the exception of the electronics.

Cheers,
-- Chris

blackcat said:
Make a set up for us 3.2s!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So from what I understand. The stage one gives you maybe 5 extra HP if you already have I/H/E. Is that correct? Or taken the other way, if you do not have i/h/e and you bought stage one, you would only get an increase of about 5HP.

I want to know what Netviper wants to know. Given that I have a K&N air filter, comptech headers and exhaust, how much more should I gain by adding these items?

ScienceofSpeed Big Bore Throttle Body
ScienceofSpeed Stage 1 SuperTune ECU (1991-94 only)
(optional) ScienceofSpeed Intake Manifold

If it's 30 based just on those three items above going on a car equiped like mine is I'm going to seriously look into this, however if I'm only looking at 5-10 over what I have now I don't know if it would be worth it or that I would even feel it. Can't wait to find out though! :)

The different products were developed and tested on different dynos at different locations. We will post dyno graphs once we have consistent numbers of each stage and options on the same dyno.

Am I the only one who reads this and thinks, they really do not have accurate dyno numbers, just like he said?

Re: yes

jjeray said:
that is what I was trying to say all along, you can't get 30 horsepower gain for $500.

Well, then stage one should not be $500. It should be $4000 or more including cost of I/H/E.

Most people get ~25HP from i/H/E, so you are paying $500 for 5 HP.

Maybe the Dyno will show a much greater gain under the curve.

I think that is misleading on the site personally.

Back