• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone up for brunch.

Thanks for the summary, Ryan (brahtw8).

I would suggest that we try for one brunch, not two. Pick one date and hope that folks can make it.

As for the place, the food at the Grand Geneva is a whole different category from Walker Brothers and the other pancake places - with its all-you-can-eat buffet which includes everything from made-to-order omelettes and carved-to-order prime rib, to the more usual buffet dishes (including eggs, bacon, smoked salmon, etc)... which is why it costs more. It's more of a place where people can eat at their leisure and sit around socializing for a couple of hours, whereas at the pancake places, which tend to be crowded on weekends, we're basically going to order, eat, and leave. In that respect, it's like Allgauer's, which is where we went most recently.

For that matter, maybe we should try someplace in the Milwaukee area that has a nice brunch? I see that Pandl's in Bayside was voted top choice for Sunday brunch in a reader poll by the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel. Go to the restaurant's website and click on "Sunday Brunch" to see some of their items. "The brunch includes: selections from our cold buffet; omelette and Eggs Benedict table; International table; waffle, crepe and dessert table." After all, we've already done the Grand Geneva - why not someplace new, like that? Heck, it would be a lot more convenient for the Wisconsin folks, and not much further for the Chicagoans than Lake Geneva is.

We'll try to make it wherever it is. We'll want to be home for the trick-or-treaters, but they don't start in our neighborhood until late afternoon (4 or 5 pm), well after we would be getting home from brunch (even if it's in Wisconsin). Don't count on my NSX being there, though; I turned off the insurance right after I got back from NSXPO 2004.

brahtw8 said:
Do we want to invite other marques?
IMO, no. Nothing against those with other kinds of cars, but... either it's a brunch for NSX folks, or it isn't.

nsxtasy said:
For that matter, maybe we should try someplace in the Milwaukee area that has a nice brunch? I see that Pandl's in Bayside was voted top choice for Sunday brunch in a reader poll by the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, with a "beautiful buffet, plus a served entree". After all, we've already done the Grand Geneva - why not someplace new, like that?

We'll try to make it wherever it is. We'll want to be home for the trick-or-treaters, but they don't start in our neighborhood until late afternoon (4 or 5 pm), well after we would be getting home from brunch (even if it's in Wisconsin). Don't count on my NSX being there, though; I turned off the insurance right after I got back from NSXPO 2004.

That is another possibility. I wouldn't mind a drive to Lake Geneva or even Northern Illinois, but I am open to a Milwaukee area location as well.

We should try to get this nailed down in the next few days. Perhaps everyone can chime in on the location and the date, which is shaping up to be a choice between Grand Geneva and Pandl's and the 30th or the 31st.

brahtw8 said:
We should try to get this nailed down in the next few days. Perhaps everyone can chime in on the location and the date, which is shaping up to be a choice between Grand Geneva and Pandl's and the 30th or the 31st.
The 30th is a Saturday and the 31st is a Sunday. I'm pretty sure that both Grand Geneva and Pandl's have brunch only on Sunday, not on Saturday... which would make the date decision moot, unless you want to consider the pancake houses instead.

I vote for Pandl's.

Whatever we decide, we should probably estimate headcount and make a reservation - the sooner, the better. (It's always easy to change the number on the reservation if necessary - not so easy to get one if we don't have one yet.)

Either the 30th or 31st will work for me. I'll go wherever anybody wants to meet.

Let us tentatively say (edit) Sunday, October 31st at Pandl's in Bayside. Meet at 11:00 a.m. and brunch at noon.

This is what I have so far:

Yes
Steve (NSX 3.0) (2)
Tom and Amy (T Bell)
Ryan (brahtw8)
Gina and Steve (GinaK)
Sean Williams (2)
nsxtasy (1)
nsxchi-town (1, maybe 2)
YellowNSX (2)
Shaun (2)
Jason (2)
John Vasos
Bob Kenney (2)

That is a total of 20, maybe 21. (as of 10/30 at 9:12 am cst)

**Reservation has been re-confirmed based on the above information. I can't guarantee that they will have additional room beyond the people I have listed above.**

Maybe
O-Ace
Brocz (may stop by briefly)
ASENNA88

Let me know if any of that is incorrect, as well as if people are bringing a guest or two.

Last edited:
I would love to join in.

And maybe the girlfriend will join in too, but one for sure i'll let
you know if she can make it ..

Pandl's sounds good to me on the 31st. Let's meet early around 10.30 a.m so the people that need to get home early for the Trick or Treaters can do so. You can put me down for two BTW.

NSX 3.0 said:
Pandl's sounds good to me on the 31st. Let's meet early around 10.30 a.m so the people that need to get home early for the Trick or Treaters can do so. You can put me down for two BTW.

Steve-do you want to call Sean or should I?

BTW - I'll be bringing my wife too :D

nsxtasy said:
IMO, no. Nothing against those with other kinds of cars, but... either it's a brunch for NSX folks, or it isn't.
Just to clarify -- its a brunch for "NSX folks", regardless of what they drive to the event ??

Put me down for 2 for brunch -- prefer closer to 1130/12 but can be flexible. Probably won't be driving my NSX... it will be in offsite storage that weekend, possibly sooner :(

NSX 3.0 said:
Let's meet early around 10.30 a.m so the people that need to get home early for the Trick or Treaters can do so.
nsx1164 said:
prefer closer to 1130/12 but can be flexible.
I'm flexible on the time. Maybe split the difference and make it 11:00 a.m.?

Put me down for two...

nsxtasy said:
I'm flexible on the time. Maybe split the difference and make it 11:00 a.m.?

Put me down for two...

11.00 a.m it is then...how about sitting down at noon to eat. Let's hope the weather is nice since it will probably be the last day I drive it until spring 05. Do we have a person in charge to make the reservation? Ryan can you do that when we get a final count here.

NSX 3.0 said:
11.00 a.m it is then...how about sitting down at noon to eat. Let's hope the weather is nice since it will probably be the last day I drive it until spring 05. Do we have a person in charge to make the reservation? Ryan can you do that when we get a final count here.

I'll plan to make the reservation on Friday, so we give people a chance to decide if they want to go.

Now I'm confused. I don't know whether "11 a.m." means (a) meet at 10:30, sit down to eat at 11, or (b) meet at 11, sit down to eat at 11:30. :confused:

BTW, Pandl's is located ten miles north of downtown Milwaukee. Directions are as follows:

PandlsMap.jpg

Pandl's in Bayside
8825 N. Lake Dr.
Milwaukee, WI 53217

***FROM THE SOUTH***
Go past downtown Milwaukee and proceed north on I-43 toward Green Bay.
Go 10 miles and take the EAST BROWN DEER RD exit- exit number 82A.
Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto WI-32/W BROWN DEER RD. Continue to follow W BROWN DEER RD.
Turn LEFT onto N LAKE DR.
Follow to Pandl's in Bayside at 8825 N Lake Dr.

***FROM THE NORTH***

Take I-43 S toward MILWAUKEE.
Take the WI-32 E/BROWN DEER RD exit- exit number 82A.
Merge onto W BROWN DEER RD.
Turn LEFT onto N LAKE DR.
Follow to Pandl's in Bayside at 8825 N Lake Dr.

Please call for any further assistance!
Phone: 1-888-471-5032/ 414-352-7300

Meet 11.00 a.m. or so eat at noon.

NSX 3.0 said:
Meet 11.00 a.m. or so eat at noon.

That is what I was thinking as well, but if that is a problem for some people we can certainly discuss it.

Back