• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone use Swapalease.com?

I need to get a car to put in my business name for tax purposes. I am thinking of selling the vette and getting something else on swapalease.com.

Anyone have any experience with them? It sounds like a pretty good deal.

I was always concerned since you have to pay to contact people, they could just load it up with people looking to swap then leave them around forever just to sucker people into paying to join, only to find out, none of the vehicles they were interested in are available.

Google: swapalease and scam

and read up and form your own opinion

I never tried it, but I am thinking about it again. Seems like a good deal. If it was a scam it probably wouldn't be around 4 years after I started this thread. ;)

Search for complaints. There are a good number with BBB and ripoffreport.com. It's my opinion that it is (mostly) a scam. I have not read a single positive review from anybody that has used the site, either buyer or seller.

Also 1.5* on Yelp (1 single 5* that was obviously written by the company and every other review is 1*)
http://www.yelp.com/biz/swapalease-cincinnati-3

Last edited:
A good friend of mine uses swapalease all the time. Right now he's driving a 750i that he got for no money down and he'll have it for about a year. As long as the car has enough miles left on the lease it's a great way to get in and out of cars for a short period of time. He usually leases them for 9-16 months and then he finds another lease.

Good to know, this is the very first time I've heard of anybody that actually had success with that site and would come back.

I read a lot of the complaints. Most were from sellers. They were not happy that their cars didn't get picked up quickly. Some complained about the fees.

Not many complaints on buyers other than someone said the inventory can be old so the car you want might be gone and you paid $85 to find that out.

Back