• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone use Virgin Mobile?

I am looking to get a pre-paid phone (on top of the 3 cell phones I already have :rolleyes: ) but don't know where to start. I need unlimited Text, IM, Email, and Net, all on the phone, and Virgin is the only Pre-paid carrier I can find that can do it (in CA, but would settle for a WI number too). Does anyone know anything about them? I don't know anyone who uses Virgin...

Oh yeah... Must have QWERTY and I also need to access MULTIPLE email accounts with the phone. Anybody have this one?
Virgin Mobile Wild Card

Last edited:
I have never had any experience with Virgin Mobile but I know quite a few people with AT&T pre-paid or contract services. One of them is a heavy text'er/web browser user. There are a few service holes were you are. Might be best to pick up a phone from an authorized dealer and get a buy back option (if they offer it) so you can kick it around a bit to see how it works.

I use a Virgin Mobile prepaid cell phone. My needs are very different from yours; I wanted a basic, inexpensive cell phone, with low-cost monthly service, for very occasional use, and they met those needs the best when I was choosing a phone and service. Since then, I have had no problems at all; the service has worked fine. I use their "top-off" service which automatically adds a prepaid amount when my balance gets too low.

Their website and marketing materials tend to be written for an audience of twelve-year-olds, but that's no big deal.

I have never had any experience with Virgin Mobile but I know quite a few people with AT&T pre-paid or contract services. One of them is a heavy text'er/web browser user. There are a few service holes were you are.
Virgin Mobile uses the Sprint network, so whatever service holes exist would be those for Sprint users, not AT&T users.

Virgin Mobile uses the Sprint network, so whatever service holes exist would be those for Sprint users, not AT&T users.

That's good to hear. My primary phone is through Sprint, and I have had no problems here or in WI...

Back