• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

AP-X NSX exhaust system for naturally aspirated and supercharged applications

Re: New offering : N/A exhaust (emmisions compliant)

Hi,

i would prefer a design that pushed the mufflers up, to the trunk, so that there was plenty of room to play with different diffusers design :wink: (as in the 430 scuderia rear end thread)

so either:
- had small mufflers, but louder because of it, so they would take less space
or
- had regular mufflers, as the pics angus posted above, but as close to the trunk as they could get, with like a 1 or 2" gap.

I'm just debating on design... it would be expensive and hard to get someone to make a exhaust exactly as i wanted it to be...

Nuno

Hi,

i would prefer a design that pushed the mufflers up, to the trunk, so that there was plenty of room to play with different diffusers design :wink: (as in the 430 scuderia rear end thread)

so either:
- had small mufflers, but louder because of it, so they would take less space
or
- had regular mufflers, as the pics angus posted above, but as close to the trunk as they could get, with like a 1 or 2" gap.

I'm just debating on design... it would be expensive and hard to get someone to make a exhaust exactly as i wanted it to be...

Nuno

Yes , I can make you the exhaust you want , but as you say , it will cost you , and you may be the only one who wants it like that...

Ok I hope it's not to much to ask as I'm suprised no one else has. Can you run a sound clip with test pipes? Thank's

Ok I hope it's not to much to ask as I'm suprised no one else has. Can you run a sound clip with test pipes? Thank's

In time I will be doing this , I am currently seeking testers and will be offering them exhausts at a discount if they agree to make sound clips! (hint , hint):wink:

any drone at cruise?
let us know when you dyno it too.

Nice looking and sounding exhaust.

BTW, the Acura emblem on the rear, center reflector is upside down.:cool:

any drone at cruise?
let us know when you dyno it too.

No drone at all . The x-pipe design is tuned to reduce this drone , I think the gruppe m has too long of a merge. I will be dynoing soon , also I will be offering FREE dyno for local buyers!

Nice looking and sounding exhaust.

BTW, the Acura emblem on the rear, center reflector is upside down.:cool:

Yes , this is Vikas' car , I'm sure he did it on purpose.

Maybe you can offer a slight discount for one w/out tips. I have my own tips. Thanks.:smile:

No problem at all.

Weight of this system is 24lbs!

anyway you can get a sound clip with the car accelerating from the outside? i notice that the car sounds very different when the video is taken inside the vehicle vs outside. But it does sound almost like a gt-one version 5.1

More sound clips will come in time! The sound is smoother than 5.1 , but still high pitched .

Crap, I'm wondering if my DF diffuser {the big one} will fit over that thing.:frown: Any straight from the rear shots to see how low she hangs.

It does not hang below the stock '02 valence at all , there should be no problem with the diffuser , however , I am in the market for a used diffuser...
:wink:
I will post a couple shots.

Attachments

• IMG_0665.jpg
    IMG_0665.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 572
  • IMG_0662.jpg
    IMG_0662.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 571
  • IMG_0663.jpg
    IMG_0663.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 579
Last edited:

It does not hang below the stock '02 valence at all , there should be no problem with the diffuser , however , I am in the market for a used diffuser...
I will post a couple shots.

Hi,

very nice weight...i can only imagine how much would weight that very same exhaust but in titanium :wink:

Nuno

I will be replacing a local member's gt rom 5.1 with my new exhaust , he has headers and hi-flow cats , we may also take some sound clips with test pipes as he has them too.

That second clip sounds VERY nice!

Back