• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

AP-X NSX exhaust system for naturally aspirated and supercharged applications

Re: New offering : N/A exhaust (emmisions compliant)

Personally , I am very pleased with the outcome of this project , the sound is fabulous , not too loud but with a great tone.

what where the dyno numbers vs the previous exhaust?

I did not do a baseline on the car in the vids , it made 209 to the wheels after the exhaust , this same mustang dyno showed 232whp on a 91 nsx with headers , test pipes ,intake , and gt 5.1 , I hope to have some before and after dyno soon.

Just by observation, the exhaust looks quite unrestrictive with no sharp restrictive bends. Mufflers most likely are straight through like GM. Just a guess but I'd bet it'll dyno more than the GT-One but again thats just a guess. I'd love to see someone make a sound clip running up and down the street. How long before final production?:smile: I like my RS-R but seems like somethings missing.

Last edited:

This system is now ready to ship out , I will be producing them at a rate of about one per week ( I could step it up if necessary) I am offering discounts to one person in each city if they are willing to :

A) make sound clips

B) offer to show it to locals

C) write a review of the product

PM me for details

Just by observation, the exhaust looks quite unrestrictive with no sharp restrictive bends. Mufflers most likely are straight through like GM. Just a guess but I'd bet it'll dyno more than the GT-One but again thats just a guess.QUOTE]

Yes , the mufflers are straight through design , even so the sound is not excessively loud , I specifically wanted a design that was free from restrictions , this was difficult to achieve while keeping it quiet.

We will see how it dynos compared to the 5.1 , since I feel the 5.1 is more designed to produce a certain sound , it is possible that a less restrictive system could gain something , not much - but maybe...

Angus,

do you have the possibility to make the exact same design but in Titanium??

Thanks,
Nuno

Angus,

do you have the possibility to make the exact same design but in Titanium??

Thanks,
Nuno

Sorry , no titanium.

I am hoping to have some feedback and sound clips from the latest install , this will be #3!

I am currently waiting on a customer with test pipes / headers to get his system installed . Stay tuned !

looks great, sounds good but i am sure it would sell much better if it was priced more in line with ark, cantrell and taitec systems. sure it is only 500 bucks more but everything counts- i am not criticizing your pricing just pointing out that it probably is having an impact.

Wil maybe you should consider a group buy. At a group buy discount you may just have your hands full.:wink:

looks great, sounds good but i am sure it would sell much better if it was priced more in line with ark, cantrell and taitec systems. sure it is only 500 bucks more but everything counts- i am not criticizing your pricing just pointing out that it probably is having an impact.

I realize there are cheaper systems out there , They do not compare to this one - as you mentioned it is only $500 more than the "cheaper" ones , this is much more labor intensive to build , and sounds better than exhausts that cost over $3000.

I could easily produce a system that would cost the same as ark , cantrell or taitec , but what would be the point of that???

My intention here is to produce something that nodody else has available , and sell it at a reasonable price , the whole idea is that it is priced higher because it costs more to make and is better.

Wil maybe you should consider a group buy. At a group buy discount you may just have your hands full.:wink:

David , sorry but a group buy is not in the cards.

Is this available for 91-96 fitment? I didnt see it on the original post so I wanted some clarification. I love the sound and interested in picking one up this winter...

Is this available for 91-96 fitment? I didnt see it on the original post so I wanted some clarification. I love the sound and interested in picking one up this winter...

Sorry , I updated my post to include more detail . This system bolts directly to 91-96 cars , requires adaptors for 97-99 and 00-05.

Let me know when you are ready.

Wil

Angus, where do cats go? Do they have to be welded in? do there is no removal of them? Is it an either you have it welded in or don't proposition?

i am very impressed with this exhaust system and definitely want to pick it up. My only concern is the muffler section. Can you give me the overall dimensions? I want to measure under my car to see if it clears the diffuser. I noticed that the mufflers are more oval, so that is my concern. Please let me know so that I can measure for fitment as I have a huge diffuser with a flat sheet panel covering everything up on the bottom. is that a specific type of muffler that you are using too? or just generic? hope to hear from you soon so that I can get everything cleared away first before purchasing.... great product Angus !

Angus, where do cats go? Do they have to be welded in? do there is no removal of them? Is it an either you have it welded in or don't proposition?

The cats can be seen in post #15 , this exhaust system bolts on just like the stock muffler , bolts to the stock cats on 91-96 cars , and requires adapters for 97-05 cars , just like taitec , ARK and most other exhausts.

i am very impressed with this exhaust system and definitely want to pick it up. My only concern is the muffler section. Can you give me the overall dimensions? I want to measure under my car to see if it clears the diffuser. I noticed that the mufflers are more oval, so that is my concern. Please let me know so that I can measure for fitment as I have a huge diffuser with a flat sheet panel covering everything up on the bottom. is that a specific type of muffler that you are using too? or just generic? hope to hear from you soon so that I can get everything cleared away first before purchasing.... great product Angus !

The ehxaust does not hang below the valence on 02-up rears , but does hang slightly below the 91-01 rear , it would be best if you can email me pics of your setup and I will see if it will clear or if I can modify it to fit (I am thinking I could maybe rotate the cannisters. The mufflers are custom made for me to my specs.

Let me know if you have any other questions
Thanks,
Wil

This has got to be the best exhaust for the money right now.:wink: I'm very impressed.

Thanks David , I am very pleased with the outcome of this project , It is everything I wanted in an exhaust and it is good to hear positive feedback on it. I currently have two members waiting on their exhausts so I can't wait to get them out and hear some more sound clips!

Appears like all your hard work and time invested is going to pay off very soon :biggrin: It must be a wonderful feeling!

One question:
Are you going to name this exhaust? If so what is it's name?

Back