• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

AP-X NSX exhaust system for naturally aspirated and supercharged applications

Re: New offering : N/A exhaust (emmisions compliant)

i just saw 300 on TBS for the nth time so i'm going to go with Spartan! VIP reminds me of the shop that does a lot of the imo body kits being sold on here. Or you can just call it "Angus v1" !

How about the WilPower Spartan Exhaust & WilPower Turbo? :tongue:

VIP sounds to.. "eBay" to me and shitty. I really don't want to label my exhaust system on the mod sheet as "VIP Exhaust".

I think I feel the same way about the VIP , spartan still sounds OK .

If anyone else has ideas , I am listening...

Last edited:

Yeah you guys are right.. sorry! :rolleyes:

It looks like there's already a company making exhausts called Spartan.

http://www.jic-magic.com/SearchProducts.aspx?TopCatID=2&CatName=SPARTANProducts

It seems like you really need a company name that you can prepend onto the beginning of the product names. Like WilPower, but even that looks like it is being used already.. Ugh.

Ok here's some ideas for the exhaust.. I really like the idea of having the X in the name to indicate the x-pipe.

Xangus <-sweet :biggrin:
Xerxes <-if you're on the spartan kick, plus it has the X in there.
Xenon
Xhaust <-take off the E and it becomes clever :wink:

See post 107 please!!!!:wink: Did I win a turbo kit and exhaust, LOL?

Last edited:

Keeping in line with the Greeks... Here's my other suggestion; "Atlas Premium" or something like that ;)

It's unassuming, not pretentious, and easy to say. I also relate it to "A" for "Angus".

Now I just need to get this exhaust! Good news is that I just got my Chevelle running. Now it's off to tuning and some other junk. Then it's back onto my much ignored NSX.

I now have an exhaust ready for immediate shipping.

Angus,

Let me know what pricing is I've been looking at exhaust for a while as i have a comptech now and had a similar design on paper and was going to have it built by a steel fabricator here that can weld anything from aluminum to TI but i'm too lazy to drive over to there facility. I can make an HD video with an MB Quartz mic. P.M. me please my NSX is supercharged with test pipes, headers, ect...

Last edited:

Angus,

Let me know what pricing is I've been looking at exhaust for a while as i have a comptech now and had a similar design on paper and was going to have it built by a steel fabricator here that can weld anything from aluminum to TI but i'm too lazy to drive over to there facility. I can make an HD video with an MB Quartz mic. P.M. me please my NSX is supercharged with test pipes, headers, ect...

Your car is going to sound very similar to this:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Qq4yYaY9Uho&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Qq4yYaY9Uho&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

The price is $1795 .

You will be eligible for a discount if you :

A) make sound clips

B) offer to show it to local nsx owners

C) write a review of the product

PM me for details

Thanks,
Wil

Last edited:

I will have a few of these ready to ship very shortly.

I will have a few of these ready to ship very shortly.

Hopefully I'll be able to actually do this soon... I know I keep messaging you thinking my Z is gone, but people keep backing out at the last moment. :( I just don't want to spend that much until that car is done looming over my financial situation.

Possibly as early as next week.... (I'm sure you're saying you've heard that before, though, lol. :D)

Hopefully I'll be able to actually do this soon... I know I keep messaging you thinking my Z is gone, but people keep backing out at the last moment. :( I just don't want to spend that much until that car is done looming over my financial situation.

Possibly as early as next week.... (I'm sure you're saying you've heard that before, though, lol. :D)

Well , it looks like you will be next to get this system , I am anxious to see your videos!

Well , it looks like you will be next to get this system , I am anxious to see your videos!

I'm excited for next week to come already and I just sent payment about 30 seconds ago, haha!

I'll be sure to post lots of pics and videos as soon as I get her on the car! Hopefully Missouri weather cooperates with us for a few more weeks before winter gets here!

I was there for the install and drove behind enigma for most of the way back after install. The exhaust sounds amazing!!

Another satisfied customer! Thanks Wil! Now name the damn thing, man! :) I look ridiculous when people ask me what kind of exhaust I have and I just sort of say, "uh... well... it doesn't really have a name yet?" :D :D

Click the link below to read my full write up on the exhaust! It has pics of the install, numerous video clips, and my full thoughts on the exhaust. The great thing about it too is that it has direct comparison videos between stock exhaust and the new Angus exhaust.

http://nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130728

Happy shopping, Prime!

Another satisfied customer! Thanks Wil! Now name the damn thing, man! :) I look ridiculous when people ask me what kind of exhaust I have and I just sort of say, "uh... well... it doesn't really have a name yet?" :D :D

Click the link below to read my full write up on the exhaust! It has pics of the install, numerous video clips, and my full thoughts on the exhaust. The great thing about it too is that it has direct comparison videos between stock exhaust and the new Angus exhaust.

http://nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130728

Happy shopping, Prime!

Thanks for the review , I am happy to hear that you like it!

i know these are custom cans you had made. what kind of stuffing is in them? i ask because in my experience different types of stuffing (fiberglass, steel) has different longevity tolerances. just curious...

These have a combination of stainless wool and ceramic packing to give long life and optimum sound absorbtion. As anyone who has this system can attest to , it is actually very quiet during normal driving / cruising and idle.

I think I am going to name this the "AP-X ver.1" ...

I have edited my first post to reflect the new name.

I have a set of used 91-94 test pipes that I will throw in for the next customer!

Back