• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

AP-X NSX exhaust system for naturally aspirated and supercharged applications

Re: New offering : N/A exhaust (emmisions compliant)

Yeah, can we get some cow references please?

Here's my Entry..

Vancouver Import Performance

Which of course leads to the VIP-X Exhaust and VIP Turbo Kit. :biggrin:

Here's my Entry..

Vancouver Import Performance

Which of course leads to the VIP-X Exhaust and VIP Turbo Kit. :biggrin:

OOH , I like it...

Keep them coming , I will have to decide on a good prize for the person who comes up with the best entry!

Hi,

hummm.... i will think of a couple of names...

here is a quick one:

WIN Exhaust v1

WIN Turbo v1

where WIN stands for Will's Insight on NSX

this came to mind when i was thinking about your name and NSX mixed together :wink:

i will think about it over the weekend... maybe i can come up with other alternatives.

Nuno
OOH , I like it...

Keep them coming , I will have to decide on a good prize for the person who comes up with the best entry!

I guess it depends on whether you're trying to think of a company name you can use for other kinds of cars, or just names for these particular products. My brain is going off thinking about branding with a logo and a web site hehe.

This is only for NSX products so an nsx specific name is OK!

This is only for NSX products so an nsx specific name is OK!
I hate you for adding yet another item on my buy list! This just moved up to the very top maybe even above your sub box ;). Construction is getting delayed on my house so i'm really trying to avoid buying anything until I move. ugh!

I hope this doesn't sound too loud. I like my HKS because it's relatively quiet but you can't beat the visceral and smooth sound of this thing. Can't wait to hear in person. I would like the quad tips. I think that would also alter the exhaust tone somewhat.

"Spartan" That's my name vote!

Meaning...
Synonyms: austere, disciplined, hardy, simple, undaunted
Antonyms: luxurious, opulent

Last edited:

I hate you for adding yet another item on my buy list! This just moved up to the very top maybe even above your sub box ;). Construction is getting delayed on my house so i'm really trying to avoid buying anything until I move. ugh!

I hope this doesn't sound too loud. I like my HKS because it's relatively quiet but you can't beat the visceral and smooth sound of this thing. Can't wait to hear in person. I would like the quad tips. I think that would also alter the exhaust tone somewhat.

"Spartan" That's my name vote!

Meaning...
Synonyms: austere, disciplined, hardy, simple, undaunted
Antonyms: luxurious, opulent

I'm glad you like the exhaust , It is indeed very quiet and smooth with stock headers and cats , and really wakes up if you add headers and test pipes!

Even on the CTSC car with heraders and HFC , it is very smooth sounding .

It will also flow significantly better than other systems with a baffled cannister since my mufflers are a straight through design .

Just a couple shots of the newest local owner to get the Exhaust !

Attachments

• IMG_0818.jpg
    IMG_0818.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 529
  • IMG_0826.jpg
    IMG_0826.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 423

I haven't grabbed any still shots yet and installed photos were difficult as I did this with air tools at home with the car only 2 feet off the ground in the rear. So for those wondering about home installation - VERY possible.

The exhaust sounds fantastic. It's subtle, not to loud to draw attention unless you really get on it. Very low throaty sound below 3k and very exotic from 3k+. When accelerating slow and shifting (letting the RPM's drop), you get a really nice bubbly fallout sound going into the next gear. I've noticed this around 3200-3400 range, which is where I try to shift now because I love that sound so much. Under bridges or in tunnels - the sound is incredible.

Here is a couple pulls and a donut I spun around at the end:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYguJXIpg8Y&feature=player_embedded

Wow that sounds nice! :biggrin:

I'm just surprised it took this long for the NSX community to be familiar with the principles and superior sounds of X-pipes.

I'm new to the NSX - but not new to high quality sound. When I saw this new system, I new that it was a must have for that very reason. :biggrin:

This is certainly the best bang for the buck. The craftsmanship and quality of the exhaust, the welds, the hardware - etc. are far better than one would expect for the price.

I'm new to the NSX - but not new to high quality sound. When I saw this new system, I new that it was a must have for that very reason. :biggrin:

This is certainly the best bang for the buck. The craftsmanship and quality of the exhaust, the welds, the hardware - etc. are far better than one would expect for the price.
Are you running headers or HF cats? Sounds fantastic!

Are you running headers or HF cats? Sounds fantastic!

Nope, OEM cats and factory exhaust manifolds. Only an intake and this exhaust. (well, I do have the adapters for the exhaust to fit the 02+).

Your fact headers are pretty decent. Stick a set of Prospeed cats on. A little better flow/a little more sound but not overdone and incredibly light.:wink:

OK folks , I have been trying to figure out a name. I am I am thinking I should do a poll but VIP or Spartans , or maybe Spartans VIP?

Back