• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

AP-X NSX turbo system (angus turbo kit)

I drove approximately 8 hours yesterday, with Will's kit and no problems. Car drives like factory until the boost kicks in. The quality of this kit is by far the best I have seen, and I have seen most of the other kits out there, and Will is a top notch guy to deal with! Frank

im very interested in one of your turbo kits do you have a phone number so i can call you to discuss my different applications etc? do you have twin turbo set ups as well?
also i have a snorkle in production and wanted to see if you had a intercooler i can buy that can use the snorkle

im very interested in one of your turbo kits do you have a phone number so i can call you to discuss my different applications etc? do you have twin turbo set ups as well?
also i have a snorkle in production and wanted to see if you had a intercooler i can buy that can use the snorkle

Yes, you can feel free to reach my at the number listed on my vendor page:

http://www.nsxprime.com/nsx-prime-vendor-list/ap-x-systems/

I do not offer a twin setup as the cost and complexity is not what I was shooting for in my design.

If you would like an intercooler design that will work with your snorkel, I can supply you with the components you need but you will have to do the fitting etc. on your own.

You can also PM or email me with any questions you may have.

Last edited:
So there are a couple of changes I will be making to the kit, options for turbochargers to provide quicker spooling and also a -3 AN oil feed line. I will soon update the original post so that the info is all in one place!

Getting ready to sell my CTSC to get this kit? Will, do you have a setup that is like SC response, nuttin like the V8 thrust from idle

If you want fast spool, we can size the turbo for that.

Hi Wil,
I'm fairly new to this site and have zero to minimal Turbo Kit knowledge at best! But I'm interested in tweaking up the 3.0 in my NSX. I thought about going S/C route but my wife will divorce me if I drop $10g's + on my car!! I've been reading a lot of the threads on here and am ready to make my Turbo Kit purchase. Can you please enlighten me on the steps I need in order to buy and obtain services from you!?
Thank you kindly

You'll spend 10g's regardless.

- - - Updated - - -

I need faster spool. Can you send me a another turbo?

Last edited:
It's not too far from 10k for the kit. It's just not gonna do anything until you use it. That'll take up all your time (money) to not just install it, but get it running properly. Else you pay someone else.

More power to ya!! Make sure you write up your build when/if you do!

i hope to one day own the kit as we'll. hopefully Angus will still be around.

Hi Wil,
I'm fairly new to this site and have zero to minimal Turbo Kit knowledge at best! But I'm interested in tweaking up the 3.0 in my NSX. I thought about going S/C route but my wife will divorce me if I drop $10g's + on my car!! I've been reading a lot of the threads on here and am ready to make my Turbo Kit purchase. Can you please enlighten me on the steps I need in order to buy and obtain services from you!?
Thank you kindly

I have sent you a PM.

If you look, you will see that the WG port comes off in the direction of exhaust flow, while it does then turn before going into the wastegate - it is not like your "option 4"

There are many cases when decisions need to be made in the design and concessions made in the name of packaging into the vehicle, ease of installation and service, reliability and heat - those are only some of the factors that I used in the design and build of the kit.

That being said, the WG design has served this kit well - however the diameter of the port and the WG size will soon be updated to support the newer, faster spooling turbos etc. that some people want to run on this kit.

Any images of your wastegate currently (and what it will look like)? Thats great you are improving a product with already great reviews

Thanks for taking the time to address rj45s comment.

To the guy contemplating a sc or turbo. I got a sc first and removed it after a month and went apx turbo. Don't make the same mistakes I did just get the turbo first save time save money, get the system that works with the car best which is the turbo. The sc felt draggy it's hard to explain. Didn't rev out good how the Nsx is supposed to. Just my opinion.

What would ur full kit cost with the upgrades all together shipped? I'm located in ND 58554 been reading the threads and ur turbo kit looks like the way to go!

Last edited:
I've sent you a PM.

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong section, but what are people using for EMS? AEM? And is there anyone availible for an email tune?

I to am debating going turbo. I boosted my RSX and said I would never boost an NA car again..... But look at me now lol.

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong section, but what are people using for EMS? AEM? And is there anyone availible for an email tune?

I to am debating going turbo. I boosted my RSX and said I would never boost an NA car again..... But look at me now lol.

AEM EMS is what most do for full engine management. There's some people floating around with others but there's not much support.

The tune is a huge piece of the pie if you want your car to live long and healthy. Why spend the money on a kit to skimp out on a tune that could potentially blow your motor.

i can't wait until i have time to start installing the kit. Wil, I sent you a pm about the pump. Looking forward having this kit on my car.

AEM EMS is what most do for full engine management. There's some people floating around with others but there's not much support.

The tune is a huge piece of the pie if you want your car to live long and healthy. Why spend the money on a kit to skimp out on a tune that could potentially blow your motor.

By Skimp are you referring to my email tune question? I only ask for email tune do to the fact that there are not a lot of boosted NSX floating around the east coast of Canada. And when I boosted my RSX i decided to go email tune and I was very happy with it.

Back